Author Topic: Jake is gone... UPDATED W/NOTE FROM MY STEP-MOM  (Read 10880 times)

EllieAndBlu

Jake is gone... UPDATED W/NOTE FROM MY STEP-MOM
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »
It is with such a heavy heart and many tears that I write this...

My dad called me this morning and said it is time for Jake... He asked me to call their vet and set up the appointment... It is easily the most difficult phone call I have ever made...

At 11;30am/ET, with my day and step mom by his side, Jake peacefully went to the bridge.

We are all so incredibly sad, but know he is no longer suffering. I am comforted by knowing Jake is being greeted at the bridge by all the amazing BPO pups already there.

Rest in peace sweet Jake. You are so loved and will forever be missed. xoxoxo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:45:59 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Jake is gone...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:19:42 pm »
Rachel, I am so very sorry that Jake had to go  :'(
RIP sweet pup  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:22:11 pm »
My heart and thoughts are with you and your family as well. Have fun playing with all the BPO pups while they wait for us, Jake!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:38:39 pm »
Ohhh, I'm so sorry for all of you.  :'(  I'm glad that you were able to be there to help your dad & step-mom, but I know how hard that must have been for you.   :'(  You all did a very loving thing for Jake and he is at peace now.  I hope that he's playing and romping with my Sally, Cara & Halley right now.  Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.  ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:42:35 pm »
Ohhh, I'm so sorry for all of you.  :'(  I'm glad that you were able to be there to help your dad & step-mom, but I know how hard that must have been for you.   :'(  You all did a very loving thing for Jake and he is at peace now.  I hope that he's playing and romping with my Sally, Cara & Halley right now.  Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.  ((hugs))

I wish I could have physically been there with them... I live in Atlanta, they live in Buffalo...  but as difficult as it was, I am glad I could help by making the vet call for them.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:43:15 pm »
wanted to add to my last post....

thanks so much for all the kind words...  my dad is just devastated.

For those of you not familiar with Jake's plight... here are my postings from earlier this week.

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,19541.0.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:47:25 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 12:02:19 am »

I wish I could have physically been there with them... I live in Atlanta, they live in Buffalo...  but as difficult as it was, I am glad I could help by making the vet call for them.

Oh, I live 800 miles from my parents, too and I know that it is hard to not be able to help them in person, but I'm sure that you helped them a lot by making that hardest call for them.  If your dad is like mine, you may want to check in on him by phone quite a bit for the next days/weeks.  My dad is 73 and he lost his beloved Sara last month and I know that he's taking her loss hard.  Losing a family member is so hard at any age, but in some ways maybe even worse for seniors.  Please pass on our condolences to your dad & step-mom.  I know that the distance is hard, but they are lucky to have you whether near or far.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:09:28 am »
I am so sorry Rachel.  We are keeping you and your family in our prayers.  Godspeed Jake.  :'(

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 01:03:32 am »
Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers,losing family members doesn't get any easier as we get older,maybe even harder.

Sorry for their loss.

Tricia and the fur kids

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 01:55:56 am »
My first thoughts when I read this post was of your dad. I am so saddened for him. I hope that he is doing ok. Jake will be fine, he no longer is hurting and has so many of our BPO kids there waiting for him, but your poor sweet dad. I know he has no idea who I am but when you talk to him, let him know that I am thinking of him and sending happy thoughts his way.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43:22 am »
Oh, I'm so sorry.  Sending lots of peaceful thoughts to your dad, I know he is feeling empty right now.

RIP Jake, run to your hearts content.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:48:19 am »
my family's thoughts and prayrs sent out to you and yours, we are so sorry for your loss.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 02:45:23 am »
My step-mom asked me to post this note of gratitude to y'all...  (I too thank everyone from the bottom of my heart!)

Rach,,,
I want to thank you for everything.... I had just stopped crying..then.. your mail....but it does help..I can't read that website yet..I tried..and only got thru your letter telling your group about Jake....I'll wait..and read it all later...but..p lease....for me..thank all those super people for me....if I figure out hoe to..I'll do it myself..but... if you would..thank them now for me..okay?

xoxoxoxoxo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:56:57 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: Jake is gone... UPDATED W/NOTE FROM MY STEP-MOM
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 02:54:04 am »
:( Sorry to hear of Jake's passing. I am sure he is enjoying his new life pain-free over the bridge.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Jake is gone... UPDATED W/NOTE FROM MY STEP-MOM
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 05:31:46 am »
I'm so sorry about Jake.  Please send big hugs to both your dad and step-mom from me and giant hugs to you. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience