Author Topic: when i win the lottery...  (Read 1402 times)

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
when i win the lottery...
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:13:18 am »
aside from buying a house with a huge yard and acquiring approximately a bajillion more dogs, lol..
i have a dream...it's called "rent a yard.".  for people who live in urban areas..and are not so much fond of dealing with the dog park scenario if that is even in their area...i will just buy land, make it purty and safe for the pooches...and then people can rent it for an hour or whatever a day to run their dogs.  sorry i know this is kind of a pointless post but i was just thinking about this when i took Heidi to my parent's house yesterday.  They live on the outskirts of town and have a huge yard.. I live in the middle of town and have a tiny(although very securely fenced) yard.  Wouldn't this be super if there was a safe fenced place where you could take your dog and not have to always worry that they were going to hump the wrong pooch and get on somebody's bad side?  Nothing against dog parks at all, they're great, but when I watch Heidi running after her ball at my parents I always think..damn... what do the people who don't have awesome parents with big yards do?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: when i win the lottery...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:35:30 am »
I have to say I like your idea.  I would have to try it because my dogs aren't dog park dogs.  They can't behave to go to a dog park.  So I take my up to the right of way by the house and last time Shiner took off on me.  So no more off leash time for him without a fence.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: when i win the lottery...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 06:10:23 am »
That is not a pointless post at all!!!!  That is an awesome idea!!!  I'm a bit afraid to take Issy to a dog park, she's sooooo energetic and is still learning her manners!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix