Author Topic: help  (Read 4510 times)

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
help
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:43:19 pm »
OK,just when i was narrowing down a female puppy name we reserved a male puppy for next summer.ok ,pyr owners,now i need some male names. ;D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:52:05 pm »
Male in addition to female or just male?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:41 pm »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:40:32 pm »
My next male Pyrenees is probably going to be named Riley. Tuggles was going to be Tristan, but the kids thought that the name was too big for such a little fluff ball. I have alway like Kipling after Rudyard Kipling. OK theres my short list. My first male Pyr was named Tank. I could personally never name another one Tank because that one dog meant so very much to me, but it is a cool name.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:00:35 pm »
Wow - naming is such a personal thing. I obsess forever on names. It drives my husband nuts!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:36:18 pm »
Thanks for the ideas.I have been driving my husband crazy too.We had originaly planned on getting a female and i spent weeks picking out a female name.last night we talked to the breeder to reserve a puppy and then for no reason in particular exceopt it was what hubby wanted we changed it to a male.now i have to start over with the names.Nothing is for sure but here is a few i've had in my head not in any particular order
Pooh Bear(Bear)
Blu
Colby
Diego
Caleb
Deacon
Casper(if he's all white)
Rory
Tell me what you think and feel free to add more to my list.I am so excited.Its going to be a long wait til next summer.
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 10:38:31 pm by love4pyrs »

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:43:08 pm »
Oh,I have another question for pyr owners.do you think a male pyr will get along with my male neutered shepherd?We will of course be neutering the pyr too.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 10:50:32 pm »
I'm not much help on the names.  I always have to wait and have them for a while before the name picks them or they pick the name.  I have 2 nuetered male dogs that get along fine.  They aren't pyrs but it shouldn't make a difference what breed as long as their temperaments mesh.  Good luck with the wait.  I would be going insane.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 12:41:39 am »
Don't know I'd be much help,Magic got his name cause I needed Magic in my life at the time,and he has lived up to that and then some.

Emma was my hubby's dog from the start and he was no help at all,She ended up being named by him seeing his license plate tag.It was EMA-??? don't remember the numbers.But She ended up with Emma and it fits her well.

Falkor our white collie was hard to name but we named him Falkor from the movie The Neverending Story and the white luck dragon.

And he is a very happy optomistic funny boy just like the character.

You could add Angus to the list I've always liked that name,especially the meaning of it  *sole or only choice* In celtic mytha god of such attractive traits as humor and wisdom

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:46:37 am »
I like Bear and  Blu. Trippers breader named him blu when he was born. She had a blu ribbon around his neck. I like Blu alot. 

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 10:30:20 am »
I always thought Miles' name could be Sebastian. haha. Although I think Sebastian may be sort of a long name for a dog. ???
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:10:37 am »
I like Deacon and Colby, but then what if he comes home and doesn't fit either one? Funny story - my hubby wanted a fourth kid and I agreed on the condition that if it was a boy, we could name him Jeffrey. So months and months later, we've gone merrily along, gotten pregnant, loving life, all is great, la de da. Then comes sonogram day. Sure enough, the instant the sono lady touches down on my belly with her sono thingy and we could CLEARLY see a penis in there. Yeah - it's Jeffrey! We're so thrilled! Off to lunch we go, with our sono pictures of Jeffrey's penis. Hubby and I eat Mexican food and talk and talk. Then I say, "He doesn't look like a Jeffrey." My husband stared at me over the guacamole like I had lost my mind. He said, "It's a penis." I couldn't help it. It didn't look like a Jeffrey penis. So, now Jackson is almost 2 years old. ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 11:15:34 am »
ROFL...how about Jeffrey?
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."