Author Topic: How much would you pay?.updated website info  (Read 7060 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
How much would you pay?.updated website info
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:31:43 pm »
OK, so I posted a picture of a coat I made for Gracie last week. I have had several people ask me to make them coats for their Big dogs (mostly Danes. I made a new pattern that is a bigger coat, it extends all the way back to the tail. It closes in the front with heavy velcro, and around the chest also. It is made with durable fabric (faux suede upholstry fabric) and fleece type inside material. I am trying to decided what a reasonable price is for them. I know Big Paw clothes tend to be expensive...I want to charge a reasonable price, but not rip myself off in labor.What do you think????

this was the shorter "fall jacket" version:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:08:20 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: How much would you pay????
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:47:14 pm »
i LOVE them!!  i would pay up to about $50-$60 for one, maybe more depending on thickness of the fabric, etc.  i tend to splurge on things i like a lot lol
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:49:52 pm »
Oh my gosh! I'm not one to put shirts and tutus and stuff on my dog, but THOSE are absolutely ADORABLE. I think they could easily go for 50 dollars (or more). I wish Miles had short hair so he'd fit in one! haha....maybe if you put them on the market...I'll get one and try to squeeze him into one anyway...they're just that cute (and they look warm!) ;)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:51:56 am »
I used thick upholstry fabric for the "suede" and I double stitch everything. I plan on adding a pocket on the back, and maybe bottons on the chest area (it velcros, but the buttons would just look cute). I can also put patches on them...like I plan on making Grace one in pink, and putting a "punk" hot pink and black skull paych I got at the store. LOL I think i will start them at $50 plus shipping, and maybe do a price break for multiple orders...I am also going to do t-shirts and stuff. It is hard to find stuff for XL dogs with everyone catering to the Chihuahuas and stuff.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 10:59:25 am »
Ok. Let me just say, you are very talented!! I can't even sew a button on!hahaha

Definitely adorable. Definitely going to be a hit.

They look nice and durable too!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 05:54:49 pm »
That looks great!  It takes talent to be able to make clothing for any animal (human/dog, whatever) of that quality.  :D
As for cost, I think what I would do is add up all of the operating costs, like fabric etc, then for you time, whatever it is that you would expect to be paid hourly at any job like that.  Then if it's not already too high, maybe add 10% for the pup as modeling royalties!  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: How much would you pay?.updated website info
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:07 pm »
So I started a site to put my "creations" on. So far I have the sculpts, and the coats. For now the coats are $50 + shipping. I plan to have beds, t-shirts, more art, collars leashes...and whatever else I come up with. After seeing how hard it is to find some of the supplies for big dogs at a reasonable price, I am going to give this a try and see where it goes. :)
http://www.tishasstore.zoomshare.com
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:13:03 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: How much would you pay?.updated website info
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 01:19:56 pm »
What a great site. I love the sculptures and clothing. My guy shave too much fur for clothing, but I would love to order a sculpture of a pyr.