Author Topic: *NDR* halloween warning, new form of crystal meth  (Read 2483 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
*NDR* halloween warning, new form of crystal meth
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:48 pm »
i know a lot of us have kids who will be going trick-or-treating so i thought i'd pass this on.  i'd hate for someone's kids to get sick from this.  there sure are some twisted people out there  >:(

Halloween Warning for Parents
Body: There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks. It smells like strawberry also and it is being handed out to kids in school yards in AR. I'm sureit will make its way around the country. Kids are ingesting this thinking it is candy and being rushed off to the ER in dire condition.

It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange.
It looks just like pop rocks.

Please instruct children to not accept candy that looks like this even from a friend and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc.

Pass this around it could save some family a lot of heartache!

They call it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Special Agent Todd V. Coleman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
Direct Office Line (956)753-4678
Office Fax Line (956)753-4673
todd.coleman@dhs.gov
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: *NDR* halloween warning, new form of crystal meth
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:03:46 pm »
According to Snopes it isn't true - I certainly hope it isn't!!

4. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Strawberry Meth •••
Drug dealers are selling colored methamphetamin e known as 'Strawberry Quick.'
  ...calling this new form of meth "Strawberry Quick" and it looks like the "Pop Rocks" candy that sizzle in your mouth. In it's current form, it is dark pink...
  ...less dangerous." The colored meth has been described as resembling rock candy or Pop Rocks (a kid-favored confection that fizzles in the mouth), and...
  ...There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks. It smells like strawberry also and it is being handed out to kids in...
Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:41:06 GMT http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: *NDR* halloween warning, new form of crystal meth
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:16:29 pm »
phew!  things like that i'm never sure about so i'd rather pass it to be safe lol.  i sure hope they're right!  it does say though that there is a colored version being sold as energy drink powder!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:18:42 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]