Author Topic: New Saint Mommy!  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
New Saint Mommy!
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:00:14 am »
        So, I’ve been reading these forums for the last hour looking at all the adorable pictures of your big paws and wishing the second week in November would get here already!

I’m Mary. I’m twenty two years old, a preschool teacher from North Carolina, and the proud mommy of a two week old Saint Bernard pup named Mallory!

I sent the deposit on her last week, got updated pictures this week, and was told she should be in my arms by the second week in November. She’s currently two thousand miles away from me, so she’ll be arriving on a Delta airlines flight. :)

I was so excited I yelled aloud when I saw her new pictures in my inbox this afternoon. I’ve been to just about every pet store that’s within driving distance on my lunch break, emailed the veterinarian that I am planning to take her to next month, found a puppy class, bought her dog toys, and…well…Petsmart should be delivering a huge box to my place sometime this weekend. My shipping was free for a limited time so that justified my order. Heh. ;D

My family had Saint Bernards when I was growing up so we’re not new to the breed and my parents are just as excited as I am. They’re like excited grandparents looking at ultrasound pictures. They keep saying how beautiful her mask is and how big her paws look. I think she's the most beautiful in her litter but I could be bias.

I can’t wait until she gets here and I’m excited to have found this forum! I look forward to getting to know all of you and your fur babies.

~ Mary   
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: New Saint Mommy!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:37:19 am »
Welcome Mary! You will like it here :) and we like seeing pictures of puppies!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

There are some other people on this board who are waiting for a pup and we all know how hard it is. I think it is more difficult time than actually raising one, LOL! Hang in there and don't forget to post pictures  :-*

"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:17:47 pm »
Hey Mary! Welcome to BPO! You'll love it here. Everyone is so nice and offers great advice. If you have a question, I'm sure someone else will know the answer...and probably has experienced the same thing.

I know what you mean about the waiting! It was killing me before I got Miles. It felt like forever, but the wait was definitely worth it! He had so many treats and toys and all that good stuff months before he was finally here!

Oh, and regarding pictures, everyone looooves to see pictures! I would especially love to see pictures of a 2 week old saint bernard puppy! ;D Please post pictures!!!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 02:30:28 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome! This is the latest picture her breeder sent me of her, from yesterday. It was her two week birthday!  ;D

I'm just amazed at how big and beautiful she is already!

~ Mary

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:43:32 pm »
No, I think I might miss her too much to do that, but good try. ;) It's funny you should mention Florida. I have a paid week off from work in December and before I knew she existed my family was planning to gather the leftovers from our paychecks and go to the Florida Keys.

I'd never been and I was really excited about that nightly sunset celebration in Mallory Square. I could just picture the blue water and I was already looking forward to a burger from Margaritaville . Then, I decided to get a Saint Bernard. I thought I would go online and just browse puppy pictures, come back from vacation, and start looking for a puppy at the beginning of next year. Something apparently went wrong with that idea, I saw her picture, I emailed her breeder, and now she's coming home in six weeks.

Needless to say, I won't be seeing Mallory Square at Christmas, but I will be bringing home Mallory in time to celebrate the holidays with all of us. I like that much better.

~ Mary

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:17:25 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I love the little tiny baby pics. She's adorable! :-*

I have a newborn pic of Lola and I'm amazed she was ever that tiny since she was 30 pounds when I got her. LOL

Offline MandyL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 05:19:53 pm »

I'm just amazed at how big and beautiful she is already!

~ Mary

She's really something, I have a 5month Newfi but the Saint B was up there on favourites. You must be so excited. Since we got Tyke my night's sleep were very broken with toliet trips and just lying on the couch so he'd stop crying for his first few nights. I finally made it back to my bed. Still at 5 months I'm up a few times to see if he needs to go out even though he's house trained. It all worth it. :-)

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 09:57:17 pm »
Wow...Canada, Florida...seem s like Mallory and I are going to be traveling quite a bit! :D

I really do want to visit Florida with her, but I have to replinish my vacation fund before we can. Hopefully we'll be able to get down there to see all the palm trees and alligators by next year this time.

I work with ten one year olds all day, so I'm really excited about coming home to Mallory. When I get home I'll just have one drooling, pooping, mischevious being to drive me insane.  ;D

~ Mary

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 10:07:24 pm »
OH MY LORD....

KIDNAPPING CREW...WE'VE GOT A FRESH ONE!!!!!!!!!

(i don't know who runs this these days, but i want back in)

WELCOME to BPO, the coolest place on earth!

congrats on the baby girl!  just so sweet i can't take it!!!!

Angus calls dibbs

nickerbokker
NICKI

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 10:38:01 am »
I can't stand it......all these new puppy pictures. I'm getting the urge again. AH! MAybe I can seeing as my daughter moved out over the weekend. I have room for one more now. HEHEHEHE

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 02:32:46 pm »
Oooh... she's beautiful. I'll be looking for lots of Mallory pics! ;D

I'm mom to two Saints - 5yr-old male Bear and 10yr-old female Nakita. Welcome to BPO - a truly unique board. :) You've come to the right place for good fun, good support, and tons of excellent information.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)