Author Topic: New here  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New here
« on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:00 am »
Hi,
I'm Jeri.  I have owned Great Danes for 28 years, one at a time.  I am not a breeder, just a Dane lover.  My first dane,Miwok,  was a brindle who lived to be ten, My second dane,Maya, was a harl how lived to be twelve, my third little girl, Inca, was from a BYB and had congennital problems and only lived to be four.  My current boy, Modoc is a Blue from the UK so he's quite stocky and a sweet boy.  He has dog issues that we have been working with a behaviorist for and having some sucess but he thinks if you have two legs you walk on water, lol..  He loves humans.  We're in our RV on a road trip, with Modoc , right now but just wanted to introduce myself.  Look forward to meeting you all dog loverfs,
jeri

Nicole

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:29:16 am »
Hello, Jeri!

I think that you'll find BPO to be an awesome place full of really cool dog lovers with lots of great appreciation and love of dogs! There's some great Dane people here as well! I'm not a Dane person, I'm Nicole. I'm a Chewfoundland person. hehehehe! My pooch is Cabeza, a Chow/Newf X and Mabel, a um...black fuzzy mutt.

Welcome!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:44:29 am »
Welcome Jeri! Your Modoc is quite a looker!!!
I hope you like it here  ;D  I am not a dane person either...I am a " big flyffy dog" person, who likes to broom  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:57:07 am »
Hi, thanks for the welcome and I do recognise your dane too, lol.  I think there can't be enough boards for Dog lovers.  Glad to be a part of this board,
jeri

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:02:13 am »
I hope you like it here  ;D  I am not a dane person either...I am a " big flyffy dog" person, who likes to broom  ;D

What is brooming?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 08:34:38 am »

What is brooming?
You don't have to worry about it! You have a Dyson Animal, LOL!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:29:05 am »
Hello! and Welcome. I believe we've met before, if i remeber correctly, on GDR? If not, let me introduce myself
Im Jo, mom to Memphis the great dane, Zero and Jigsaw my two Bull Terriers and Reba the chinese crested...
Nice to meet you hehe

Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 01:57:02 pm »
Welcome!!!  Your boy is beautifull!!!  How does he like traveling in the RV?  Have a safe and lovely trip and check in from time to time!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 04:41:58 pm »
Hi,
thanks for the welcome.  Well to answer some of the questions.  Yes we did meet in a different forum.  Glad to see you again.  Modoc travels great in the RV, he just lays on the couch and now and then gets up in the front seat to check things out.  We had to get a security check today coming over the Hoover Dam.  On guy checks out the bins under the RV the other comes in and looks inside.  They guy that came in ended up plying with Modoc for 5 minutes and never even looked around, lol.
.  We had a 6-7 hour trip today for our next start.  Wanted to leave early.  I took my shower but figured, oh well I can wash my hair on the road.  We have a generator so I can blow dry my hair while we’re traveling.  So here we are at 60 miles an hour..  Me with my head in the walk in shower full of soap and Modoc decides he needs a shower..  Shoves me out of the way and starts getting into the shower.  Soap in my eyes, clothes getting  soaked I am trying to turn off the water, screaming at Nat to take an off ramp ad get off the freeway.  He has no idea why.  He does.  He stops.  I’ve got Modoc out of the shower.  I am sitting on the floor laughing my butt off.  Oh well,, Nat needed to use the bathroom anyway and he took Modoc potty.  Now I know to close the door to the shower room or get my butt up earlier to take care of the vanity things, lol, lol.
jeri
]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 05:35:52 pm »
Sounds like quite the adventure! ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 10:36:45 pm »
OMG I am soooo going to tell hubby that YES you can travel with a big paw, that is awesome!!!! Welcome Jeri and Modoc, glad you found us, I'm Kim mama to Libby 5.5yr English Mastiff and a crazy Siamese.

ps. Holly OMG that would have been quite the sight to see Buddy getting all comfy  ;) Libby sends him her love  :-*
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 03:05:19 am »
Hi Jeri, welcome!  I'm dying to hear more about your travels with Modoc.  Have you ever read "Travels with Charlie"?  I read it many years ago and I've had it in the back of my mind ever since to take such a trip someday.  In fact, hubby & I plan to buy a motorhome when we retire and take the Pyrs on our travels with us.  We've been curious about the new global wi-fi that is out now, have you used it while traveling?  If it works, we may try traveling sooner vs. later b/c my husband telecommutes anyway, so if the wi-fi is reliable, we may just take the kids with us and go now while they can enjoy all of the sights, too.  BTW, your bathroom story really cracked me up, you & your husband must be really cool under pressure!  ;)  ;D  Please tell us more about your travels when you can.  I'm glad that you found BPO.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees