Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »
Hi,  my name is Chris and i just stumbled upon this forum and thought i'd check it out a bit more.  Over the summer I adopted a "puppy" which we named Kodiak from the local humaine society, an Akita/Bullmastiff mix.  He's been great, and turns 1 year old this month.  We've had him for about 4 months now.  I really wanted an Akita for a while and did alot of research on them.  Then I saw Kodiak up for adoption right in my town, and a couple of days later I adopted him.   

I tried to put up a profile picture, but havent been successful at it yet but i'll keep trying. 

bigdogs@5501

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:24:16 pm »
Welcome to BPO- we really like pics. I am Paige and just have a big variety of big paws.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:22:23 pm »
Welcome!!!  Good for you for adopting!!!  He looks like a cutie...but I don't see the bullmastiff ??? Maybe it's just the pic, but it really doesn't matter does it!!!  He's your baby either way!  Again, welcome and enjoy!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:37:16 pm »
The Humaine Society had him listed as an Akita/Bullmastiff mix, so thats what i'm going on.  He was siezed from a home for living in unsanitary conditions.  I dont know if the previous owner told them that was his mix or if they were guessing.  To me he looks all Akita, I have no experience with bullmastiff's but from what i've researched that they use their size and bulk to attack and knock you over, which i have experienced a few times at the park already!!  who knows, everyone who sees him thinks he's german shepard because of his pointy ears and colors

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:11:20 pm »
Well finally got some other pictures resized so here they are 

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:10:53 am »
Hi! Welcome to BPO. You have a beautiful pup there! Very cute! I definitely see the akita in him with his fur and that tail!

I have a male 4 month old great pyrenees. He's my one and only. Spoiled little booger!

You'll love it here at BPO. Everyone is very helpful! If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. I can almost guarantee someone will know the answer. And if by some crazy chance no one knows, I know we'd all help to try and figure it out! ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:32:06 am »
  To me he looks all Akita, I have no experience with bullmastiff's but from what i've researched that they use their size and bulk to attack and knock you over, which i have experienced a few times at the park already!! 
;D More like they use their size and bulk to prevent you from picking them off the ground ;D Welcome to the board, Kodiak is quite handsome ;)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 12:48:21 am »
Hi Chris & Kodiak!  I'm Marie, mom to 3 fluffy pups, Daisy our Golden/Lab mix, Sammy our Pyr and Cassie our Pyr/? mix.  Kodiak is such a cutie.  I'm so glad that you found him & gave him a forever home.  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees