Author Topic: Northern California BBQ  (Read 5551 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Northern California BBQ
« on: July 25, 2005, 09:42:40 pm »
Alright people....the Southern BBQ has died and I really am beginning to think that Nicki and I are gonna be the only two hanging out on the beach having a blast. I know that for the S.F. on next weekend I will be there along with Newf Lover and Yogi. Who else is in??? I know the momentum died cuz the BBQ took so long to get here but we are ready now. The time has come. So, come on out an play with us....and who knows...you might be the first receipients of the new BPO t-shirts!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 09:44:27 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

Re: Northern California BBQ
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 10:20:07 pm »
jaba....wanna baby sit the doggies?  im having issues...and think you will be perfect!  hey, maybe you could take them with you to san fran!  they would love it...and you!  cummon...you know you wanna babysit!  DO IT

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 10:58:15 am »
I will babysit all the time if you move next door!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline locompmo

• Gnawer
  • Mom, can't I please go in there?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 01:55:09 pm »
We are going to try to make it, but we are taking our vacation that week and we're returning Saturday the 6th.  Is the plan still to meet at Fort Funston at 7 pm?  It's about an hours drive there from Napa, so we probably won't make it back in time  :(  We would really like to meet everyone and their beautiful big doggies.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:08:46 pm »
We will be at Fort Funston sometime Saturday evening and are trying to make it to the Giants game in the afternoon with the dogs. I really hope we can still get in!  ;D We will be in the Napa area staying with Newf Lover and are planning on going wine tasting sometime that weekend so maybe we can still meet you there. If not, have a great vacation and maybe we can see you on another get together.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 04:51:23 pm »
Dogs and baseball- how perfect.

Offline locompmo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 02:49:20 pm »
We will be in the Napa area staying with Newf Lover and are planning on going wine tasting sometime that weekend so maybe we can still meet you there.

Wine tasting sounds like a great idea!  There are several dog friendly wineries in the Napa/Sonoma area, too.  We would be available to do this on Sunday, the 7th while you're up this way.  Anyone else?!   

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 11:29:05 pm »
Im in Az and always wanted to visit cali!! when and where is it??
Nicole

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 04:39:39 pm »
We are going to try to make it, but we are taking our vacation that week and we're returning Saturday the 6th.  Is the plan still to meet at Fort Funston at 7 pm?  It's about an hours drive there from Napa, so we probably won't make it back in time  :(  We would really like to meet everyone and their beautiful big doggies.

Hey Locompo, where in Napa do you live?  My wife and I live in Novato now, but we both are originally from Napa.  I grew up in St. Helena and she grew up in Napa proper.  I love Napa but we like the weather and the centralized location over here in Novato much more.  We have so many friends and family in Napa so it will always be home for us no matter where we live.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline locompmo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 04:49:00 pm »
Hey, Newf Lover - that's funny- we switched places!  . . . I grew up in Marin and moved to Napa.  I'm originally from Greenbrae.  We moved here (Browns Valley) in 1987 and we have raised our two daughters here (one still goes to Vintage HS).  They of course think it's the most boring place on earth, but I hope someday they'll look back on it and feel the same way you do. ;) 

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 03:13:38 pm »
My wife and I both graduated from Vintage, good school!  Me in '91, her in '94.  Browns Valley is one of the nicest places in Napa to live in, that's where my wife grew up.  My folks were divorced and my Dad lived in Alta Heights while my Mom was in St. Helena up by Lake Henessey.  Alta Heights and Browns Valley are probably the best places to live in Napa, lots of old neighborhoods where neighbors know each other and your kids can safely play in the streets.  Napa is really starting to get huge and getting away from what it was when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's.  I can't believe there's 2 Home Depots now and lots of urban sprawls popping up everywhere.  The downtown area is getting better and the Hat building is beautiful now as well.  We'll see how things progress.  Well, we should get the Newfs together one of these days, we usually bring Drake when we visit.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.