Author Topic: Today at the Dog Park......  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Today at the Dog Park......
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:59:32 pm »
Miles tried to hump three dogs! What the heck! He's only 4 months old and he's already humping!!! AHHHHH Why ???
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline goldensaint25

• Ankle Biter
  • My babies
    • View Profile
Re: Today at the Dog Park......
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:35:19 pm »
Sounds like he is just showing dominance over other dogs. My Jack Russell female humps my female Saint Bernard whenever she gets the chance of course the Saint is always sleeping when she does this.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:21:09 am »
It's not a hormone thing but a dominance thing. He's trying to be Alpha with the other dogs. One of them will put him in his place eventually if he continues. But you shouldn't let him do it either. You could end up with a big dog fight on your hands.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:05:08 am »
Yeah, I was thinking it was a dominance thing, but Miles is usually one of the most submissive dogs at the park! I don't get it! As soon as he did it though, I told him NO! and got him off. Then, he kept trying to chase this little dog around and eventually the dog got on top a picnic table so Miles couldnt get him. I felt so bad!

So then, we walked to a different part, and he started to do the same thing to this other, bigger, dog...looked part wolf. They were good friends and playing for a half an hour before this, and when Miles tried to mount him, the dog naturally was not impressed and snapped at him. After that we left because I didn't want everyone to think I have a bad dog, and I didnt want fights either. Is there any way to eliminate this without other dogs attacking him!?

4 months old and already showing dominance towards other dogs, yet he seems to be very submissive too. I don't get it.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees