Author Topic: The Lin and Grace adventure continues  (Read 5507 times)

lins_saving_grace

The Lin and Grace adventure continues
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:32:34 pm »
that dog is going to be the death of me.

i just got back from Pearl Vision where i ordered my second pair of new glasses.  you'll remember that Grace ate my glasses earlier this summer.

we were walking across a parking lot this afternoon and Grace got a wind and an urge to run...quickly. ..faster than i can.  my knee gave out and i could feel the inevitable fall as i collapsed face first onto the asphalt and skidded for a few feet.  i got up and ran after Grace cuz i dropped her leash of course.  she's looking back at me as if she's wondering how she lost me (you know like the driver of a speed boat does when the skier he's pulling behind him gets dunked in the lake).   i pick up her leash and then march back to feel around for my eyes which are cumpled on the ground...the lenses scratched up and the ear pieces mangled (kinda like they looked when she ate my other ones.) 

so i get inside and call Pearl Vision...lucki ly i have a year of that replacement insurance and only have to shell out a small portion for new glasses.  i wasn't happy with their price so i called DOC which is now Pearl Vision and they got me a pair under that price.  I was happy.  she told me to get a pair i liked  but wasn't so expensive in case me and the dog have another go round yet this year.  :)   words of wisdom i thought i'd never hear.

the adventures of Lin and Grace continue.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Re: The Lin and Grace adventure continues
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »
LOL lin   atleast  it  was just the  glasses and not your  face... Hope  this  next  pair lasts  a long time
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:22:17 am »
LMAO...It is sooo funny the things we put up with from our pups...if a person drug us to the ground it would be over. LMAO
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:52:29 am »
Lin, you and Grace crack me up. My God I would love to be your neighbor jsut to watch all your shenanigans everyday. I would be guaranteed a chuckle everyday.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:33:32 am »
she's looking back at me as if she's wondering how she lost me (you know like the driver of a speed boat does when the skier he's pulling behind him gets dunked in the lake).

haha yeah I know that look, it's the same one my horse gave me years ago when we were racing my sister in the pasture next door and she decided it was a good time to stop on a dime. I fell off and she's standing there in a field of grass looking at me like "why are you down there?"

Tell Grace that it's not nice to make her momma fall down!

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:22 am »
sorry Lins I am still LMAO from your post... ;) I could just picture the whole episode...lol  Living with Farley and Rosie I can truely relate to that.
ummmm..... it may be time for Lasik ;) ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:12:05 am »
you're right.  it may be time for the big zip zip on the eye balls. 
my mis adventures with my dog have been the best ever...even the painful ones.