Author Topic: Does Zita get the clumsy prize?  (Read 9408 times)

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Does Zita get the clumsy prize?
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:28:49 am »
This month Zita has run into headfirst into a fence, fallen off her bed and broken an aquarium and yesterday she got stuck under her bed which is a twin-sized one for humans.

She hit the cedar board fence while chasing the shadow of a hummingbird.  When she ran and jumped on the bed, the mattress slid off causing her to fall and bounce off the front of the aquarium stand.  The stand needs all the front support pieces and the three doors reattached.  We are working on the concept of no running in the house.

Getting stuck under her bed happened when she was playing with a ball and it rolled under the bed and she went after it laying on her side.  She couldn't get it into her mouth and it kept rolling further under the bed, so she kept wiggling after it until all that was left out were her back feet.

For some reason, at that point she became unhappy.  When she realized that she couldn't get out, she was unhappy and loud.  I went around and stuffed the ball in her mouth to keep her happy while thinking about how to get her out.  The bed weighs over 100 lbs, and it is on a new floor, so moving the bed was not an option.  Dragging her out would have hurt both of us.

Getting her out took three liver treats put where she could see them, but couldn't get to while under the bed,  Then I hung onto the bed frame, braced my feet against her back paws and said, "Treats, Zita."  She was a bit hesitant with her inchworm impersonation until I started calling the other dogs for treats.  The other dogs were all shut away, but she didn't know that.

Does she get the prize?
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Does Zita get the clumsy prize?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:40:20 am »
Awwwwww! Hahahaha. Poor Zita! She DEFINITELY gets the prize. I can just see it now. Her stuck under the bed, not being able to move but is FINALLY able to wiggle herself out so her siblings can't get the treats!!! HAHAHA And what a lucky girl she is to have a human twin sized bed ;D

Hopefully she'll learn from her mistakes! ;) :D :-*
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 06:53:21 am »
Bodhi has a twin sized bed of his own, too!  It's here in my office.  The mattress and box springs are on the floor so it's pretty low, and it is right behind my desk chair....so every morning while I am on the computer, Bodhi lays there and demands cookies, lol.  I started the game when he was little...I would bring one of those 100 Calorie Packs of animal crackers into the office....I hold one up and say "Give us a cookie!" in a silly voice, and he 'replies'....makes this mumbling, growly sound like he is trying to say "Yes, give us that cookie!". 

I laughed like crazy about Zita getting stuck....I can just see it...hahahaha. ...
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 06:58:36 am »
That is too funny I can just see her stuck under that bed. LOL the things they get thenselves into.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:47:02 am »
LMAO!!! I can totally relate to Zita. Today I am just as clumsy as she is. First, the dog house hit me on the head, then the stairs tried to throw me off and finally the rug, which I was shaking smacked my lip. I better of stay on the couch all day  :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline cynsheis

• Ankle Biter
  • KD baby
    • View Profile
    • KD the Cane Corso
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
Yep she is da winner!
Your so good at keeping us all updated.
(((hugs))) to da girl!
 ;D
KD - Cane Corso
Razz - Melinois mix
Lobo - Little paw chichi

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 06:38:13 am »
TG we have no stairs and the only rug is hanging on a wall.

Zita has recently discovered the use of the pillow.  I don't recall mentioning that Zita's twin bed is one I also sleep in at times.  Whenever I get up, she moves to the head of the bed and attempts to get her head on the pillow. Half the time she turns 180 degrees too far and guess what, dog butt on my pillow.

Now I take my pillow with me when getting up and I got her a little one of her own.  After she is laying down on her end of the bed, I put it under her head.  I can see me in a few weeks getting fussed at because her pillow needs arranging.

On the up side, it is probably just a fluke, but yesterday she did her first three-part command.  It was "Outside, get the kitty, fetch!"  All their toys are called kitties because most of them are kitty-shaped. 

The toy she brought back was a Kong so I swiped the inside with peanut butter and dusted that with a crumbled dried liver treat for her.  Later today I am going to set up a yummy Kong in her yard and try the commands again. 
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline cynsheis

• Ankle Biter
  • KD baby
    • View Profile
    • KD the Cane Corso
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 11:52:36 pm »
Me too, I want a pillow lady!

;D
KD sleeps with us too but she wont place her head at the top of the bed with us,
she is always facing the door or foot of the bed.
KD - Cane Corso
Razz - Melinois mix
Lobo - Little paw chichi

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:00 pm »
Here are some new pictures of Zita. 

The first one is her trying to get from the hallway into the kitchen through the gate that is bolted to the wall with metal pipe strapping.  Sparky fits through the spot her snout is in.

The second is her making sure a shadow didn't escape under the fence.  The next two are her pretty dirty face and the last one is Sparky's dog palace before the bracing went in.

I tried to get one of the hole she ate in the shower wall, but it was too dark.  We are guessing she either liked the taste of the plaster or there is lead paint under the latex.  I said to hubby, "Oh no, lead makes them stupid."  He replied, "How would you know?"  I did the glare learned from my sixteen-year-old niece.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:40 pm »
In the second picture, I just noticed the sand covering her left front paw.  She was running after a shadow and stopped fast.  The only way to take a picture of her, unless she is sleeping, is to sit someplace comfy and wait for her to run past.  We bought this camera based only on shutter speed.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 05:09:51 am »
So yesterday I am sitting in my comfy chair reading when Zita comes running inside from the yard shaking her head.  She sits, cus that's what she is supposed to do before she gets attention, and keeps shaking her head.

Looking in her eyes, mouth, and ears I notice that the inside of one ear is red so I fold that ear over the top of her head to see in it better.  She shakes her head again and a rock flies out of the ear.  If it were a gemstone, it would've been about two carats.

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 08:33:32 am »
A week ago Tuesday I was cuddling Zita on the bed when she decided that it was a good time to annoy the Chihuahua puppy.  When she jumped down to the floor, I fell with her and landed on the left side of my head.  The MRI showed no serious injury.

By now she deserves a trophy.

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua