Author Topic: Butter: the jumper  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Butter: the jumper
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:03:49 pm »
Butter have always been a jumper. But recently, this behavior seems to escalate. When a guest enters the door, he becomes so excited that he rushes over to the guest and jump up to lick his/her face wiggling both his tail and butt. Previously, he would only jump once or twice and then settle down. Nowadays, he will harass the guest for quite a while even if he is ignored.
Last Saturday, a college of mine with a little boy came over to visit. First thing he did was running over to us at the doorway, the boy was scared of him and cried, though he didn't do anything him, instead he jumped onto me first. The boy was led upstairs to a bedroom. Then he started to jump onto my college. He jumped so high that he reached higher than his head(6-ft tall man). :o My college commented Butter can do some agility training...   
Last Sunday, my daughter's piano teacher came. Butter showed even more interest in the poor girl. He tried to jump onto her even when she sat down. Once he almost knock her down...

I am get jumped on whenever I come back from work, though every time when he jumps, I just turn aside and ignore him.

This is Butter's #1 behavior we need to correct him.
Any suggestions is welcome.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 01:09:09 pm by Edwpang »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Butter: the jumper
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:26:16 pm »
Harley use to do this to use. We trained her to greet us at the door with a toy or bone in her mouth. Now she doesn't jump on us anymore. We still have to work on when we have people over but this is much better than before.

I think is the "happy" breeds we have  ::)  ;D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)