Author Topic: Question About Remy's 'Manhood'  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Question About Remy's 'Manhood'
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:53:50 pm »
I was wondering if it was normal for male dogs to have erections, pretty much all the time, before they're neutered; And will that go away after his operation. Remy basically has a constant erection, not always a huge one, but it just sort of peaks out. It's mostly when he's excited that it happens, like when we're playing, or when we're using our 'happy voice'. I was just curious whether this happens to all male dogs.
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Icerotti

Re: Question About Remy's 'Manhood'
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 11:14:10 pm »
My friend has a chocolate that has them frequently. It almost looks painful. I can't remeber if he was fixed. Puck does now that he is getting older when he has a BM. Puck is fixed

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 12:42:48 am »
hahaha, cute nicknames... i like "lipstick" its...nevermin d what it is.... Chloe obviously doesnt have one, but we call her girl parts her "vageegee" or her "doodee".. my man used to get mad at me because i used to clean it for her when she couldnt and he would say "ugh how can you touch that. leave it alone!" and i would tell him, "hey, how would you like it if YOUR doodee was dirty and no one would help YOU!" ....men... ::)
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 01:28:39 am »
ugh gross..... yeah well when i was little i had a cat who LOVED getting his belly scratched a little too much and he did it right on my hand! :-X atleast it was a cat though

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 01:36:11 am »
lmao omg im sorry, i LOVE your new avatar!!! i laugh everytime i look at it!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 04:51:04 am »
My Yukon has had this problem since he was small too lol..I too hope it goes away when he is fixed.eeeeeeee ek. It's know around here as the pink crayon lol...that came from when I was little and we had 2 male Goldens- and when we saw one of them, we shouted out and asked why they had pink crayons lol...kinda stuck over the years I guess. But yeah, you're not alone!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »
lmao omg im sorry, i LOVE your new avatar!!! i laugh everytime i look at it!

Me too!  Hee hee.  My partner at work here just doesn't understand why I'll start to spontaneously start giggling  Whenever I see your Avatar.   ;D
Nothing really to add to this conversation, except I'm glad the only "Pink Crayon" we have to worry about is on the Cairn Terrier Moo.  It's just Wee, but I have seen it out trying to wink at me a few times now.  It's getting to be that time!!  *snip snip*  I wonder though, if you have a relatively aggresive puppy, will he calm down a bit after getting snipped? 
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 05:51:06 pm »
axle and peanut get them all the time.  peanut gets "excited" over EVERYTHING and axle is always excited when it comes to food  ???  we call it their "tally wacker"  ;)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:33:16 pm »
axle and peanut get them all the time.  peanut gets "excited" over EVERYTHING and axle is always excited when it comes to food  ???  we call it their "tally wacker"  ;)

BAHAHAHAHA I totally just thought of Porky's...

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »
!!????WHAT????!!!!!!  I THINK I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH A LITTLE!!!  I had no idea dogs could have wet...ugh.  I can't even say it.  I'd freak out!! :)  Anyway, just to add....My boys were both fixed pretty early on....and I haven't seen their Red Rockets launch in quite a while.  Ok... Now I'm going to have to rethink Winston and Champ sleeping in bed with us at night!!!! :) 

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 06:59:37 am »
It is perfectly normal.  Every male dog I've ever had has had this.

Believe me, if you've ever seen a dog with a full erection you would surely know the difference.  I was about 19 years old when the family Dobe had a wet dream ON MY BED.  I was scarred for weeks.

I laughed. I'm sure it was mortifying then, though. :)

Offline goldensaint25

• Ankle Biter
  • My babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 01:34:19 am »
My friend has a male dog, but he is always refering to my dog as the big red rocket or he makes up names for it like he said they should make a crayon called dog d**k red. He always is talking about it whenever he comes over its quite embarassing because my dog sits half on the couch and half on and it pops out. I call it his lipstick and tell him to put it away and normally he moves and goes right back in. :-[

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 06:56:05 am »
they should make a crayon called dog d**k red.
LMAO ;D
I had to explain it to a little boy in a park once, I was praying for his mother to come over to help me avoid answering or let her do it for me but...We call it lipstick over here too and yep it sometimes comes out with a big poop ::)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:42:36 am »
OK, this thread is both disgusting and freaking hillarious, but yet oddly informative in a disturbing kind of way. So, here's my conclusion in sum: ROTFLMAO EEEEWWWWWWW OMG REALLY??? They DO that? No kidding? I can't believe that lady stared Bava's junk - what a perv. Hope she doesn't have any horses.

Ok. Carry on.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python