Author Topic: Winter woes, or warm tootsies?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Winter woes, or warm tootsies?
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:51:20 am »
Well, winter is on its way, and it gets me to thinking about slippers (mostly because I'm sitting here watching Naja tear one of my fuzzy pink slippers apart while I type!  ::) :D).  Are slippers in your house safe?  Have you given up on owning them?  Or are there certain types of slippers that your dogs will leave alone?  All our slippers are plush, and alot like the pups' stuffies.  I'd like to get a nice pair of Moccasins but I worry about keeping them safe against the wrath of Moo'N'Naja.  And as many of you know, it's easy to put things in places where most dogs can't get to them, but we don't have most dogs, we have Big Paws!  And it's kinda weird explaining to company why my slippers are on the fridge!  lol
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
Re: Winter woes, or warm tootsies?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:00:45 am »
I would say NO .. and cold slippers is kinda self defeating (defeeting).  Perhaps real thick fuzzy cheap socks from Dollar Store - I'm think'n a new fashion statement when one of one color gets played/chewed to death and you begin to mix and match.  Just when I think Sadie is a great rescue and she doesn't chew things .. I walk into the bedroom and the dog bed in there must have been way too fluffy cause it looks like it snowed in there .. or that corner of the leather loveseat must have been Newfie offensive after 3 months ?? .. Ya gotta love 'em.
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:10:18 am »
"And it's kinda weird explaining to company why my slippers are on the fridge!" 

LOL! That sounds like our house! The only time our shoes/slippers are on the floor is when they are on our feet...otherwi se they are on a shelf or in a closet!  We don't put them on the fridge, though....beca use the cats' food bowl is up there, hehehe....

I have special barn shoes and Muck boots that I wear when I tend to the pigs...I *really* have to hide them.  They smell like pig poo...which is apparently a magically delicious treat!  Who knew?? ACK! LOL!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 07:34:44 am »
I have a pair of Grinch slippers (you know the ones that have the head on them and are really fuzzy) that I can't wear because my cat Grinch attacks them.  Plus, the dogs are fascinated with trying to get them off my feet to tear up also.  I just go with socks.  It's so much easier than fending off 4 dogs and 1 cat while I'm trying to walk. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience