Author Topic: We have a new furry baby!!! :)  (Read 9191 times)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
We have a new furry baby!!! :)
« on: November 03, 2007, 03:41:28 pm »
We have been looking for a Newfie, or Saint Bernard for quite awhile and are so excited to finally have found such a wonderful fit for our family! :) We found a family who are moving to Hawaii and due to the fact that they would have to put their dog into quarantine for 6 months and then, once they get her back, they would only have her with them for another 6 months and then they will be moving again and she would have to go back into quarantine. They decided that would be too hard on her so they decided to find another home for her. It was a very difficult decisioin for them. My heart broke for this family to see them have to let her go. Our families are so similar in the ages and the number of kids we have. :)

I am so sorry I am babbling!!! :) Anyway, she is an almost 2 and a half year old Saint Bernard. Her name is Isis and we picked her up yesterday and she is just such a big love bug!!! :)  She loves all the kids and has been so careful not to knock anyone down, or step on anyone. :) We just adore her to pieces. She is an answer to prayer for our family!! :)

My husband had to go out of town for work and he just did some adjustments to our computer before he left and now it won't let me send photos. :(  So, I will post pictures once he gets back.
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: We have a new furry baby!!! :)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:12 pm »
ACK!! No pictures  :'(

Congratulation s on your new addition!!  It is sad that the other family had to give her up but how lucky that they found such a wonderful family. 

I hope everything continues to go smoothly (it sounds like a perfect fit) Best of luck!!  Really can't wait for pictures.

How did you find her?

Randy & Harley

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »
Congratulation s!  It sounds like Isis is a great fit with your crew.  I'm so glad that she will be with you all!  You must post photos! :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:15:47 pm »
ooho congratulation s!  what a great rescuer you are... i always felt so bad for people who move to Hawaii andhave to do that to their pets... :(  At least she's found a wonderful new home with some new pet family!  good luck !and we cannot wait to see some pictures
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:10:57 pm »
Oooh, congrats!  Sounds like it is a good fit.
Too bad for the other family though, sounds like it was a hard decision for them.
Can't wait to see pix.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:56:20 pm »
Congrats on the new addition.  I can't wait to see pics of her.  I can't imagine what her other family is going through with this. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 01:04:13 am »
I'm so happy for you and your family!  Isis does sound like the perfect for you and it sounds like your family will be the perfect fit for her, too.  I'm so sorry for the family that gave her up, that must have been just heartbreaking for them, but a total of 12 mos in quarantine really would have been awful for her. :(  Not that it was ever an option, but now Hawaii is totally out of the question for us.  :-\  Congratulation s & I can't wait to see her!   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 06:41:50 am »
Congratulation s on your new addition! How exciting! She sounds like a wonderful fit for your family, and her previous family must feel relieved to have found her such a loving family rather than quarantine. Although difficult, they must love her very much to take care of her this way.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:57:09 am »
Congrats! Hope the transition continues to go well, and I look forward to seeing some pics.

I would encourage you to keep in touch with the poor folks who had to give her up (torture!). I know I would be wondering about her all the time.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:56:41 am »
Congrates on the new pup,  can't wait to see pics!!  To bad  for the other  family  that  must  have been  such a hard desicion  for them
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:14:11 pm »
It's great how nicely that worked out. They should be happy to have found a great family to place their Saint with. I can't imagine having to give up our big paw. That would be such torture.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 02:52:49 pm »
Thank you all so much for the congratulation s! :) We are truly enjoying her so much. She is such a sweet cuddle bug! I have never had a more cuddly dog. She is so sweet! :)

We are keeping in touch with the family who raised her. They are such a nice family and I know they are heart broken to part with her. You can definitely tell that she has been well loved and taken care of. When they were saying their goodbyes, I took a little walk with our younges daughter to give them some privacy and space. They wanted to say goodbye to her while they helped load her into our car. My husband was there helping and he got really choked up when the kids had to say goodbye. It broke our hearts. :(  They are a special family and we are so thankful that they chose us to take care of their baby.

I will post pictures of Isis this weekend. My husband won't be home until then. Hopefully, he can figure out why our computer won't let me. :)

Thanks again for all the congrats. :)

Blessings!
Amy Lynn
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 08:46:12 pm »
Congratulation s! I'm sorry the other family had to let their baby go, but it sounds like a happy ending for everyone. I can't wait to see pictures!  ;D
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:52:35 am »
Congrats on the perfect fit!  Can't wait to see pics! 
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!