Author Topic: How much does your Pyr weigh?  (Read 9032 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
How much does your Pyr weigh?
« on: November 04, 2007, 06:49:44 am »
Just curious...my Pyr weighs 98 lbs. She is estimated to be between 2-3 yrs old.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: How much does your Pyr weigh?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:02:41 am »
Lily is 82lbs at 15 months. She is a little underweight though and still has a couple of years to grow  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:45:28 am »
My pyr weighs around 50 pounds but I don't know if he really counts since he's only 4 months old.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:34:07 am »
Her weight sounds just perfect to me.  Of course, I always go more by how their ribs feel than the breed standard, but she's right on breed standard.  ;D  My first Pyr, Cara, stayed right in the 92-98# range from about 2-12 yrs.  She was from working/show stock and a very pretty & strong girl, so I think that she was a pretty good example.  My second Pyr, Halley, we lost to bone cancer at a little past 3 yrs old and the most she ever weighed was around 80#.  She was from very closely line-bred show stock.  Our vet could never figure out why she was tiny & thin, he finally decided that it was just her build, then she got sick.  She was very pretty and had a beautiful disposition, but was never big or strong physically.  :'(  Now Cassie (who is probably 3/4 Pyr and the rest is a mystery to us) is around 85# at 2 1/2 and she's very healthy so far (thank goodness!).  Last, but certainly not least, Sammy is around 105-110# now and we have to watch to keep him from getting overweight b/c he really loves to eat, but he has joint problems so he doesn't need more heft to haul around.  He's not a tall Pyr, but my sweet boy is solid & built like a tank.   ;D  :-* 

I'm guessing that you'll see Jenny put on a few more pounds as she finishes maturing, but she'll probably be at her full weight around 3 to 3 1/2.  Please give her a hug for me. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:59:23 am »
Cirra will be three years old in December and she is 105lbs which is a good weight for her.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »
Zoey will be 2 in January and she is 85 pounds, Bella will be 2 in February and she is about 90 pounds. Dakota will be 8 this spring and she is about 105 pounds and Tugs is 10 mos and about 85 pounds, his weight fluctuates a lot because he is never still for very long. His dad was about 120 pounds and his mom was right at 100 pounds so I am guessing he will be at least 100 pounds.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:42:17 pm »
Annie is 5 and weighs about 95 lbs. I think she is jsut fine. Merri is a bit smaller in bone and height and she weighs about 85 lbs. They are both within the satndard. And the bad boy Tripper I haven't weighed in awhile but I'm sure he's a good 65-70lbs at 7 months. Little piggy he is.

Offline mountaindogmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Jack & Greta's Pics
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:45:05 am »
Jack hasn't been to the vet in over a month but I would guess he's at about 105 lbs or so and he's 10 months old.  He'll probably top out at about 130 or so, we think.
Greta - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (DOB 5-20-06)
Jack - Great Pyrenees (DOB 12-26-06)
& Three Kitties - Zoie, Bella & Nessie!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:00 am »
I had Naja into the vet just before her 7 month birthday, and she was 54.6 lbs, up 2 lbs from our last visit a month ago.   :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 05:09:46 am »
Bo weighs 130lbs.  She's about 10 lbs overweight after I gave her too much salmon oil in her dinner for a while.  The vet says that 120 is her ideal because she's so long & tall!!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 02:57:26 am »
Jake who is 1.5 y/0 weighs 94.  The vet says he still needs to gain 20 or 30 lbs. due to his length and height.  He is still very thin, but so active he gains weight very slowly.  When we got him from rescue in June he weighed 72lbs.  It is funny he is the middle dog in the household in height but the lightest by 30 lbs.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 04:04:00 am »
Both 6 weeks litter mates.

Precious: 13 lbs
Peppy: 4 lbs (we think hes a pry dwarf)
Robin

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 07:27:02 pm »
We just weighed Phoebe for the first time in a while and she will be 6mos on the 17th and she is 62#.
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline mountaindogmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Jack & Greta's Pics
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 08:12:09 pm »
Just weighed Jack at the vets today and he's 102 - he'll be 1 the day after Christmas.  We thought he was closer to 110 or 115 because he's so much taller and wider than our female Swissy who weighs 105 but he still weighs less shockingly.  Must be all that fur!  Plus our Swissy is solid muscle and has  very big bones.
Greta - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (DOB 5-20-06)
Jack - Great Pyrenees (DOB 12-26-06)
& Three Kitties - Zoie, Bella & Nessie!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 12:30:16 pm »
Miles is going to be 6 mos old on the 20th and he weighs 64 pounds. The vet thinks he is going to be a small male pyr, weighing in at only about 90 pounds....but everyone I see at the dog park thinks otherwise! I think he may be a bit off too. I'm thinking he'll weigh about 100 at least. I mean...last time I weighed him, October 30, he weighed 45...and less than a month and a half later he weighs 64. I'd say that he's finally starting to catch up!!

P.S. The vet said if I got him neutered before he weighed 59 pounds it would be 270 (without the pre op bloodwork). I don't wanna know how much its going to be now!!!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees