Author Topic: Diarrhea  (Read 2568 times)

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Diarrhea
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:14:53 am »
The past couple of days Kodiak has been having very loose wet stools.  We changed his food about 3 weeks ago to Eagle Pack and he had been doing fine on it, and his poops were smaller and firm.  Now all of a sudden he's got diarrhea all the time.  About a week ago my girlfriend's aunt sent her a care package with some stuff in it for Kodiak because it was his birthday, and i'm wondering if these new treats are the cause of his problems.  The treats she sent were made by Dogswell.   www.dogswell.c om is their website and the ones she sent us are the mellowmut and the happy heart.  Usually Kodiak gets the large Milkbones and he likes those just fine.  Has anyone used these dogswell treats  with or without problems?  these are basically chunks of meat which he is not used to, he gets the dry food and the dry treats.   Also the girlfriend has recently discovered that he LOVES cheese.  I dont know if the dairy is upsetting his stomach.  So i told her that from now on he only gets the dry food and milkbone treats to see if that brings things back around.  Anyone have any thoughts???? thanks!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:19:29 am »
He might be lactose intolerant. About 40% dogs are and cheese could the case. Try not feeding it to him for a week and see if anything changes  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Diarrhea
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:21:05 am »
He might be lactose intolerant. About 40% dogs are and cheese could the case. Try not feeding it to him for a week and see if anything changes  ;)

My dog Tipper can not have cheese under any circumstances because beware the poops afterwards--diarrhea-city! ugh! I would second people whisperer's advice and cut out the cheese/dairy and see if that helps!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven