Author Topic: We have several inches of snow!  (Read 2569 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
We have several inches of snow!
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:41:29 am »
It's been snowing on and off for a week, but not really sticking on the ground.  When it started again yesterday I didn't think much of it...but it began piling up, and we awoke this morning to a 4-5" blanket of white.  Bodhi is just beside himself....run ning circles in the yard with his big fuzzy tail wagging madly, scooping up snow with his nose, and eating so much of it he has to be getting Brain Freeze, lol!  The pigs are less thrilled....th ey stand at the door of the barn and squeal, refusing to come out! 

I have two pet sitting jobs this week, and have to go dig out my snow boots to walk the dogs!  It looks like winter has arrived here in the mountains of western Maryland!  Does anyone else have snow?
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

lins_saving_grace

Re: We have several inches of snow!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 02:51:56 am »
sounds like fun!  several, HUH? 

we're not far behind you.  i took Grace out for potty in a sleet storm.  nothing sticking yet but that's a sure sign snow is on the way.  it's in the forcast and will hit and stick next month. 

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:04:07 am »
We've got about 1-2" here in London.  The pups didn't quite know what to make of it!  lol.  Can't wait till there's alot of it around!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:01:37 am »
My daughter at UVM (University of Vermont) reports several inches there today.  She's off to get snow boots! :) (I guess flip-flop season is officially over.  ::)) Now it just needs to come a little south to the Boston 'burbs.

modified 'cuz I thought of more to say. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:02:51 am by jennifer »
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:37:55 am »
It looks like that just now here

http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:22:01 pm »
UGH im soooo NOT jealous! i hate snow. the only time i want to see snow is on christmas eve and chirstmas day. after that, i want it gone! and i dont want to see it before then either!!! thankfully nothing is sticking here, just a few light snow showers....*phew!*
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 02:28:48 pm »
It is going to be 80 degrees here both Saturday and Sunday, We are expecting a major cold front to come thru here about Tuesday evening and we will be in the 40's, but no snow.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:45:35 am »
I LOVE snow, but I HATE cold weather. It's definitely a love/hate relationship here.haha I hate everything about winter....exce pt the pretty snow (although I prefer to view from inside only)....and the christmas decorations! hahaha

I am sort of jealous of all you people that got snow already!haha I just want it to snow once...about 5 inches...so Miles can play in it....then...i t can go away...and only snow when I'm inside....but not alot as I'm not a fan of driving in it! haha
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees