Author Topic: mastiff mommy  (Read 4052 times)

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
mastiff mommy
« on: November 18, 2007, 03:35:31 pm »
I so hope that my baby qualifies as "big paws" material...I know those paws feel like anvils when they land on bare or flip flop clad feet!  Odin(aka-odie due to his goofy disposition and and similar personality to garfield's bobo doll) is a 2yr 9mo old eng mastiff.  mom is definitely pack leader (alpha) and pack companions include   three 2-legged siblings (one who actually enjoys riding odie) and a furry toy (siamese cat) who seems to be elusive when it comes to being caught-but she is such a tease! 
I wanted a pug....now I am the proud mommy of a 170lb lapdog !  ;)  we love our baby. 

.....I remember when we brought him home at 9 weeks old-I layed on the couch and woke up everytime he made a noise!  i'd already had human babies-this just seemed no different.  surprise-he slept through the night from day one; only one carpet mishap;  never lost a favorite shoe to puppy chews (although the legs of my kchen chsir, a few baseboards and a windowsill secretly satisfied those new teeth). 

Glad to be a member!

karateblossom
karma is kewl!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: mastiff mommy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 04:45:36 pm »
Welcome!! There's an unwritten rule on this board that you MUST post pictures withing the first week of your arrival - or as soon as you possibly can. It's no fair to deprive us of ooing and ahing over your boy.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:18:53 am »
Welcome! I'm Jennifer, mom to 4 year old twin girls (2 legged) and to Tipper (Golden Retriever/Sheltie Mix), Jenny (Great Pyr), and 2 cats. This is a great forum, hope you like it!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:52:31 am »
Ya Hoo  ;D another EM owner!!!! I think we are related  ;) we looked at pugs before Libby came to us and I've been looking again since Hoover is gone :'( , I have 2.5(skin kids)and we have a crazy Siamese (Max). I'm Kim and I've already told you all about my crew, glad you found BPO this is a great forum with awesome members... like scootergirl said you MUST post some pics soon.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:41:29 am »
Hi there!  and welcome to BPO!  I'm Alex, momma to Naja 7 month old great Pyrenees Princess, and Moo the Terrible!  8 month old Cairn Terrier/ Toy Poodle mix.  Can't wait to see pics of your big baby!   ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:33:26 am »
Yah! Another mastiff! Even if a slight breed difference, it's all good! I'm Annette, mom to Jagermeister (Jager for short) my 115lb drooling slimey pile of....puppy and a pirahna-cat named Bacardi.

And, yes, pics are an unwritten rule. We must ooh and ahh over the next addition!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 02:36:55 am »
thank u 4 all the welcoming words!  :) I'm still trying 2 figure out how to post a picture so pleeeeeze bear w/ me.  I have great photos 4 sure.  Odin had his 1st family turkey day and did fabulous.  he seems to make humans fall in love with him even if they aren't  canine lovers!  ;)  of course, he loves those who the ham bone to his cause...

i'll keep trying to figure out how to post!
karma is kewl!

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 05:07:41 am »
i'll keep trying on the pics-I'm on mobile pc n that makes things challenging on many levels.  Odie doesn't mind-he'd rather me not post his goofy n slimey mug but my will will prevail!  I'm sure i'll just endure an additional drive by sliming in retaliation... ..hehe
karma is kewl!