Author Topic: Pyr Babies- not so good update  (Read 4524 times)

bigdogs@5501

Pyr Babies- not so good update
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:10:29 pm »
Well it was a tough weekend- we lost the 4 smallest babies and today we will be in the vets office with the remaining 6 because they all are congested now with crummy noses. I was totally unaware ( or maybe just didnt click on the possibility) of all of the bacteria and diseases puppies that the puppies were exposed to being born in the shelter. The remaining 6 are all doing well with the exception of the congestion (which has started within the last 24 hours)
Mom and dad did have kennel cough but the babies are not coughing, just congested. The puppies who have survived were all of the big puppies. The difference in size between the puppies was huge.
We are bottle feeding the smallest of the big babies and she has been away from the litter for 2 days, she has the congestion but it is not as bad as the litter mates.

I am hoping that the visit today is going to get everyone healthy, it is so hard to lose a baby and I sat up for 2 nites with babies trying to save them.

As soon as I can, I will post some more pics.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr Babies- not so good update
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:16:09 am »
I am so sorry for the loss of those babies. Hopefully, the vet can help with the congestion. You're doing such a wonderful job with all of them, and I can only imagine how hard it was to lose 4 of the puppies.  :'(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:58:57 am »
Sending healing vibes your way. keeping fingers and paws crossed that they all pull through this. And please when you have a minute post more pics.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:01:49 am »
God bless your heart for putting such a heard work in saving these little munchkins  :-* I hope the rest of the bunch will get better and make some families happy
Keep us posted Paige
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline KKsmiles

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:23:40 am »
Keep hanging in there! It must have been such a heart break to lose those pups. Somethings are just out of our control. Hopefully all thing will go well with the rest. Be strong and remember your doing such a wonderful thing, really shows the kindness in your heart.
Koda - Newf/Lab
Gizmo - Orange TabbyCat

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:03:52 am »
Awwww, Paige!

I'm sorry to hear this! I know that its hard to have something like that happen when you've invested so much of yourself in the lil' guys. Good thoughts headed out that way for the rest of the baybays!

And try to get some rest yourself!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:03:08 am »
Paige I'm sorry some of the babies didn't make it.  My thoughts are going out to you and the rest of them for a speedy and full recovery.  Kiss their little pink noses for me.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* *Six kisses for six puppies, and a big hug to you!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

marypyrs

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 03:32:25 am »
You, the babes, Momma Pyr & Daddy Pyr are in my thoughts and prayers Paige.  :-* :-* :-*

They could never be in better hands than yours. You are an Angel.

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 04:21:22 am »
I'm so sorry about the pups that didn't make it.  Please remember to take care of yourself while you're caring for the remaining babies and the parents.  You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 06:37:01 am »
Sorry to hear you lost the puppies. I just found this story yesterday and it was such an incredible story. Everything happens for a reason, but that isn't much consolation when you have worked so hard. Wishing you warm thoughts and hugs. Thank goodness there are people like you.

Skippy
Central New York