Author Topic: Well groomed Great Pyrenees! LOL  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Well groomed Great Pyrenees! LOL
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:02:37 pm »
Oh my hes naked!Wouldn't he get a sun burn in the summer?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:05:32 pm »
Oh my hes naked!Wouldn't he get a sun burn in the summer?

Nina
I would think so  :-\
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:02:15 pm »
Okay.  I was not going to respond to this, but. Those dogs look absolutely ridiculous.  Why would you buy a Yorkie, Maltese, Pyr, Springer, Cocker, German Shepherd, etc. and then shave off all the beautiful hair?  I have never and probably will never, understand someone going to the trouble to acquire a long haired animal and then shaving it.  What is the deal?  I had Springer Spaniels that were never even trimmed.  They were exactly like God intended them to be.  I bathed and brushed them and when they got hot spots in summer I treated it with Listerine and it cleared right up.  I have Maine Coon cats.  I bathe them and brush them.  I brush and bathe my Pyr.  I live in Florida and all my animals live inside in the AC.  If I was not willing to live with the fur on everything in my home, I would not have chosen to have these animals.  I have friends who have a Maine Coon, Ragdoll, Himalayan and a Persian.  They keep them all in a lion cut.  They look ridiculous.  I told them so.  Yes, we are still friends.  They explained that it cuts down on fur and mess.  I explained that there are tons of breeds of cats who don't have long hair and would not look stupid clipped down.  The wife explained that when she saw pictures of those breeds she just fell in love with them and that was what she wanted.  I asked if the pictures she fell in love with showed shaved cats in them.  She said no.  I said that is my point.  I just will never understand people.  Okay, off my soapbox and on to something else.  Thanks for the chance to rant.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:44:51 pm »
Okay.  I was not going to respond to this, but. Those dogs look absolutely ridiculous.  Why would you buy a Yorkie, Maltese, Pyr, Springer, Cocker, German Shepherd, etc. and then shave off all the beautiful hair?  I have never and probably will never, understand someone going to the trouble to acquire a long haired animal and then shaving it.  What is the deal?  I had Springer Spaniels that were never even trimmed.  They were exactly like God intended them to be.  I bathed and brushed them and when they got hot spots in summer I treated it with Listerine and it cleared right up.  I have Maine Coon cats.  I bathe them and brush them.  I brush and bathe my Pyr.  I live in Florida and all my animals live inside in the AC.  If I was not willing to live with the fur on everything in my home, I would not have chosen to have these animals.  I have friends who have a Maine Coon, Ragdoll, Himalayan and a Persian.  They keep them all in a lion cut.  They look ridiculous.  I told them so.  Yes, we are still friends.  They explained that it cuts down on fur and mess.  I explained that there are tons of breeds of cats who don't have long hair and would not look stupid clipped down.  The wife explained that when she saw pictures of those breeds she just fell in love with them and that was what she wanted.  I asked if the pictures she fell in love with showed shaved cats in them.  She said no.  I said that is my point.  I just will never understand people.  Okay, off my soapbox and on to something else.  Thanks for the chance to rant.
Kathy
Kathy, you are soooooo right! I couldn't say it better ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:48:33 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 03:55:18 am »
It makes me sad to look at those poor dogs.  That poor baby Pyr, and my GOSH did you see the Golden, or the GSD??!!  Or the Collie.  I'm sorry but I have a long hair, double coated dog because I LOVE all her fur!  I love running my hands through it, brushing it, snuggling it.  I even love chasing the tumble weeds of it around with the vacuum (I like seeing it get sucked into the vacuum...I know I'm kinda strange... ::) :D)  Anyways.  That's like growing your hair really long because you love long hair, but then cutting it all off and keeping a bald head because you just can't deal with the upkeep.  (except for medical reasons of course, I will not begrudge anybody that decision if it's for the overall benefit of the pup). 

And that's my two cents.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!