Author Topic: Introducing, Lexi!  (Read 7734 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Introducing, Lexi!
« on: November 24, 2007, 05:09:58 pm »
Shes finally home. We got her yesterday. For the most part things are going well, but the girls are still bickering because theyre both selfish. *sigh* I hope that settles down soon, I hate listening to it. Anywho! Shes a bit too fat, so Im going to be taking weight off of her and putting it on Chloe LOL. Heres some pics. Anyone have any suggestions on how to help them stop bickering that would be great...

Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Re: Introducing, Lexi!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 06:00:59 pm »
They're both gorgeous!  Not sure if you're talking about human girls or fur girls bickering (hehehe...sorry) but if it's fur girls, all I can say is that when we brought Anna home, we really made sure to pay extra attention to Sheba since she had been here first and by herself for about six months.  They still have the odd spat, and they're still not best of friends, but when they think we're not looking, we do see them cuddling and playing.

Good luck and congratulation s!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:41:37 pm »
They are really beautiful dogs. In terms of the bickering, if it's not serious, I would let them work it out as they figure out their positions in the "pack". It also helps if you are consistent with which dog you treat as higher in the pack--feeding the same dog first, etc.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:48:08 am »
we have been trying to give Chloe extra attention, shes getting her food and treats first too. she gets in and out of the car first... etc. the problem mainly is that Lexi was with older danes who didnt do the puppy play stuff, and thats what Chloes all about. Its a combo of Chloe wanting to play all the time and not understanding what Lexi means, and Lexi not understanding how to play. Maybe Lexi sees it as unacceptable because the older dogs put her in her place when she tried that stuff on them... maybe, im not sure.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 01:56:28 am »
It sounds like you're doing all the right things.  The bickering should settle in a few days.  Till then, might I suggest ear plugs?   ;D

BTW I Love LEXI!  She's adorable, and they look SO good together.  Just wait, because they're so young still, they're gonna be the best of friends in no time.  ;)  Give them both a big kiss on their noses for me!   :-* :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 04:32:37 am »
What beautiful girls!  ;D
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 09:46:16 am »
Awe....she is such a cutie! :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 06:33:05 am »
Awwwe, what gorgeous girls.
Sounds like what you are doing is fine.  They will work things out amongst themselves.  It takes Gunther almost exactly 2 wks to get used to a different dog in the house (when I boarded and when we got Nigel and Posey).  After that 2 wk period, he was their friend.  Before that?  A big grump.

Good luck with the new family member, I'm sure they will be fast friends soon as they are both still young.

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 10:22:00 am »
Awww! She doesn't look chunky at all!! But that is coming from someone with an obese cat  ;D
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.