Author Topic: Eye Discharge  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Eye Discharge
« on: November 25, 2007, 09:08:13 pm »
Hi,

Winslow started with some minor (eye boggers) this weekend, nothing serious but definatly more volume in his right eye.

Do I need to get something for him for this, or will it just kind of run its course? It definately seems to be getting better but still there.
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Eye Discharge
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 09:18:07 pm »
What's the colour of it?  If it's pretty clear, then I wouln't worry too much about it.  However if it's green or darker in colour it could mean he's got an infection and needs to see a vet.   :)
Good luck  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:40:41 pm »
Hi,

It was light green and seems to be clearing but still a little color to it. I'll give it a day and if no change I'll call the vet thanks!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:29:48 am »
Rosie had this problem and the vet checked her eyes, just to make sure she hadn't scratched her cornea or anything like that. She was diagnosed with allergies, so the vet prescribed her some eye drops. The thing with the eye drops is that you have to keep giving it in order to keep her discharge from getting bad again. She still has a bit of eye discharge, particularly after her long naps and after a night of sleep, but it's not as bad as before. We no longer give her the eye drops.
Rosie - Newfoundland