Author Topic: The first arrival  (Read 30305 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: The first arrival
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 05:49:56 am »
I did the Snapfish thing too and was so happy not to have to worry about standing in line at the kiosk to print them or buying envelopes. Yeah. And I got my stamps tonight, the holiday version, so tomorrow they can fly away.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 06:35:31 am »
If anybody still needs to get their cards printed, PM me. I just got the friends and family link to the company I used last year, which is great quality for personalized cards and cheap with my link
RIP former BPO

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 05:54:38 pm »
I got a pic of a handsome white pyr in the mail yesterday! Miles is SO cute!  :-*
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 06:11:10 pm »
Jeff came home with the mail yesterday and Kelsey and I pounced on him.  There was mail flying everywhere as we searched.  there was one card from DaneInsane.  Kelsey and I fought over who was going to open it.

Kelsey won.   ;D

MORE!  MORE!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 06:30:38 pm »
Okay people...put away the glue sticks!!  Upload a picture to snapfish.com, select a card, and have those suckers printed!!  It really isn't too bad and they run all sorts of special deals.

Oh why didn't I read this before I started cutting?  Actually, I was going to use a picture of Harley but he doesn't photograph well - no eyes and all black body kind of looks like a sad blob.  So I bought cards and will include a blob like photo of Harley.

Chanukah starts Tuesday so I'm buying and wrapping and my darling kids have so much going on that I bring the cards with me everywhere in hopes of getting a few done!!

If worse comes to worse I can do them at work on Monday...oops I mean on my lunch hour at work

Looking so forward to the happy mailbox!!

Randy & Harley

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 06:49:16 pm »

Chanukah starts Tuesday so I'm buying and wrapping and my darling kids have so much going on that I bring the cards with me everywhere in hopes of getting a few done!!

HEHE We celebrated both holidays in my house so we'd wrap each gift half in hannukah paper and half in christmas paper. It cut out buying double gifts for everyone and made both sides of the family happy we were celebrating "their" holiday. We're going to have dinner all together (those that are still here anyways) on Wednedsay.

As far as the cards: I took mine with me everywhere and finally had to say "No one bother me. I'm writing cards in the living room so unless you want to get put to work, find somewhere else to be!"

Annette, mother to:

Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »
  Actually, I was going to use a picture of Harley but he doesn't photograph well - no eyes and all black body kind of looks like a sad blob. 

Ah yes.  The black dog blob.  I'm quite familiar with it.  You can go even further and do what I tend to do - take a picture of the blob on a dark blue carpet in front of a dishwasher with a black front - and then wonder why you can't seem to get a decent picture of your dog.  LOL!

That's her favorite spot to lay, so most of her cute facials and positions are there.  It's either try to get  a clear shot of something cute or no pic at all.

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
  Actually, I was going to use a picture of Harley but he doesn't photograph well - no eyes and all black body kind of looks like a sad blob. 

Ah yes.  The black dog blob.  I'm quite familiar with it.  You can go even further and do what I tend to do - take a picture of the blob on a dark blue carpet in front of a dishwasher with a black front - and then wonder why you can't seem to get a decent picture of your dog.  LOL!

That's her favorite spot to lay, so most of her cute facials and positions are there.  It's either try to get  a clear shot of something cute or no pic at all.

LMAO I do the same thing with a red dog and reddish cabinets. "Why isn't he showing up well?!" Ugh  ::)

Annette, mother to:

Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 09:47:51 pm »
I wonder.  My mother is going to the States tomorrow.  If she mails them from the U.S. would she be able to use regular U.S. Stamps?  Even with a Canadian return address on them???  Hmmmmmmm....
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 10:47:06 pm »
I wonder.  My mother is going to the States tomorrow.  If she mails them from the U.S. would she be able to use regular U.S. Stamps?  Even with a Canadian return address on them???  Hmmmmmmm....

Yes! You can!!! That's what DaneInsane did!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 05:49:29 am »

Yes! You can!!! That's what DaneInsane did!

YES!!!  I mean, that's nice, I think that is what I'll do... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 11:18:49 am »
I don't know who is enjoying this more me or my husband.  At this rate I'll have him thinking of another big paw by next year at this time.  He's loving the pictures of the pups as I am.  Thanks everyone !  I got my SS out yesterday and whoever suggested the reciepient's (sp and I'm not looking it up) address as a return .. thanks !  Take good care out there everyone and watch out for those gumpy mall shoppers .. OUCH
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 08:52:09 am »
I got all of mine in the mail today!!!  I'm s proud of myself, this is the first time EVER that I've said "I'm sending out Christmas Cards" and actually done it!!  I'm apologising right now to those of you who will not be able to read my hand writing, I was enjoying some Christmas Cheer while writing them all out!  :D  I also got my SS out today as well.  But I think I might have botched on the rules of that one... :-[  I put a return address on it, and signed the to/from tags on the gifts... :-[  whoopsy.  So sorry to whomever receives from Naja, Moo and I.  I'm terrible for keeping secrets.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 07:17:12 pm »
But I think I might have botched on the rules of that one... :-[  I put a return address on it, and signed the to/from tags on the gifts... :-[  whoopsy.  So sorry to whomever receives from Naja, Moo and I.  I'm terrible for keeping secrets.

Were we not supposed to let the recipient know who it was from???

Ooops...

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 07:54:06 pm »
I put my return address too LOL and a card inside!   :D Oh well.

I'm LOVING all the cards. We're putting all of them up on the wall. I tried convincing my mom to let me bring another BP in the house. The pics are making her oooh and ahhh so we'll see what happens!

Annette, mother to:

Bacardi - DSH terror cat