Author Topic: NDR - We got bitter-sweet news yesterday..  (Read 2093 times)

angelsmama

NDR - We got bitter-sweet news yesterday..
« on: November 30, 2007, 06:03:06 am »
Yesterday my mom got a question on E-Bay from another user in California. The person asked, "Would your maiden name happen to be Deal? If not, I am sorry to have bothered you." My mom wrote her back and said "Do I know you? The only people I know in California are relatives I have never met. And to answer your question, yes it is." She replied very quickly. Ok, we need to go WAY back for a moment.

My grandmother when she was 19 married a man named David. She had 2 children with him. My mom, and my Aunt Sherry. Things didn't work for them and they went their own ways. She never heard from him again. Ok, back to what I was saying...

When she got the reply, it shocked us all. The woman is my mom's sister. Her name is Eva, she is 23. She has an older sister named Lisa, age 31. Eva has no children, but Lisa has 4. Unfortunately, David died in August.

There is just so much catching up to do with them. It's just, wow.. Sad that my Grandfather I never got to know died, yet, we are about to go down a whole new road and learn about a family we never knew we had.  I just wanted to share that with you guys  :) Here's some pictures of David that Eva gave us.

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - We got bitter-sweet news yesterday..
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:06:02 am »
Awwe. Looks like he was happy. Like you said, it sucks that you didn't get to know him but at the same time it's cool that you have more family!!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:42:47 pm »
haha whats sooooooooooooo ooooooo funny about it, eva is my aunt and shes 2 years older than me  :D shes a great aunt and only 23yrs old (rose)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 02:09:30 am »
haha whats sooooooooooooo ooooooo funny about it, eva is my aunt and shes 2 years older than me  :D shes a great aunt and only 23yrs old (rose)

Welcome to my world on that one, my nephew is 8 months younger than me and had a child when he was 18 making me a great aunt at the ripe ol' age of 19 (My little brother was 14) :o

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 03:31:54 am »

Welcome to my world on that one, my nephew is 8 months younger than me and had a child when he was 18 making me a great aunt at the ripe ol' age of 19 (My little brother was 14) :o

Seriously WOW  :o :o on both!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 04:10:55 am »
she owns a boxer when i get to know her better i'll tell her about bpo :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 06:45:14 am »
That's crazy!  Congrats on getting new family members.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience