Author Topic: Chicken Tub the sky is falling  (Read 5994 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Chicken Tub the sky is falling
« on: December 03, 2007, 01:45:32 am »
Ot at least that is how he acted. ???This morning about 1 am a piece of siding came loose and the wind was just whipping it againest the house.Needless to say the boys started barking and the birds started screaming.I went outside to see what it was and Tub followed me,as soon as he saw he he ran as fast as he could to get away and went head first into the fence :oI got it ripped off and taken care of,but Tub wasn't convinced it wasn't going to come find him.He came in the house and just ran around aimlessly with his tail between his legs.Butt always lays under my desk,Tub never has until last night,he pushed right by Butt to get under there and hide.When I woke up this morning with his head on my shoulder I knew he still wasn't comvinced it was gone.After we got up he stood at the doggie door barking to go out.Which got Butt up and outside,Tub let him go out and peaked out to check on him a few times to make sure the siding didn't eat him before he went out.Then I got in the shower,when I was done and opened the shower curtain there was Tub!!!The whole time I was trying to get ready he was curled around my feet.I told him the I'm scared of everything stage ends at 14 mths,so he has until the day after Christmas to be scared and then he has to be a big brave boy!!!If I was to rename him today,it would be Glue ;D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tub the sky is falling
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 01:55:08 am »
I am sitting here laughing my head off.  The dogs came to see what I was laughing so hard about.  I can just picture one of my big brave boys doing that.  I wish the chicken phase had ended at 14 months for Max.  He actually started a new chicken phase at 16 months.  Thanks for the story.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 04:16:13 am »
LOL I have one of those who is 2 (3 in Feb) and is STILL in the "I'm scared of everything but so help God the squirrel that dare to set foot on the property" stage. It is quiet amusing to watch him hop on his hind legs barking at the top of the fence at the squirrel though.

Hopefully you can take a shower and get ready in peace in a few days!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:06:05 am »
Oh you guys are making me feel so good about him moving past this stage ::) Oh well I guess everyone needs a Mama's boy ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:25:53 pm »
Bodhi is 17 months and still in what we call his Big Wussy Baby Dog phase, lol.  He is very sensitive about things in the house....if I move anything or bring in something new, he barks at it and is afraid to go near it!  We have a statue of a pig in a chef's uniform...it usually sits on a bakers rack but last week while I was cleaning I set it on the floor...and Bodhi apparently thought it was coming to kill him, lol.  He barked and darted around and refused to come into the kitchen until I put it back in it's rightful place! 

I never know when something is going to freak him out and he will coming running into the living room and jump up on my lap to hide....he is such a Mama's Boy!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 09:55:36 pm »
LOL!  Poor puppy!!

Teddy is still afraid of the dark and he's almost 2.  If he sees people coming down the street at night, he barks like crazy and then RUNS to hide behind me before they get too close.  LOL!  They are sure funny sometimes!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 09:58:38 am »
LOL!  Poor puppy!!

Teddy is still afraid of the dark and he's almost 2.  If he sees people coming down the street at night, he barks like crazy and then RUNS to hide behind me before they get too close.  LOL!  They are sure funny sometimes!

haha!  Sierra does the same thing.  So much for our big paws being a deterrent to would-be attackers.  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer