Author Topic: I've taken the leap: Meet Waco the Wonder Dog!  (Read 4865 times)

Offline vikk

• Gnawer
  • Waco the Wonder Dog is ready to help Santa!
    • View Profile
I've taken the leap: Meet Waco the Wonder Dog!
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:41:24 am »
Yesterday was the big day. I drove up to College Station, TX and signed the adoption papers for my own Great Pyrenees, Waco the Wonder Dog. It was so exciting. I stopped off at a store and picked up his own stuffed lamb; of course, he doesn't have the guardian instinct and I don't think he knows how to play so Lambie is laying around. Last night I spent the evening giving him head, neck and body massage followed by a good raking to calm him down. I have three other dogs and wanted to be sure things would be okay.

Only a few minor skirmishes, today even better. Waco is not from Waco. He was seized from a horader with 50 animals in Dallas this past summer. The Texas Great Pyrenees Group rescued him. After Dallas he spent time in Austin, Bryan, Houston, and finally College Station, land of A&M. At some point he acquired his moniker and his trusty red cape marked with a big "W." Someone said maybe it was for "whacko/: Who knows. But I ask you, who could change a name like that?

Today Waco and I went to the vet for a new dog exam. He passed with flying colors. Looks like he's about 2 years old. He's got huge feet but none of the vets think he will grow into them because of the malnutrition, etc. from his earlier life. So he's a bit like a grand Pyrenees only pony size. His coat is not quite a fluffed out as the bigger dogs but that's fine. He's gorgeous. His temperment is so very sweet. All he wants it to be loved and loved and loved. He's literally been starved of human attention and affection. He's come to the right house. This week he'll be with me 24/7. That way I can monitor the other dogs and make sure Waco adjusts.

We made the rounds earlier today. I raked his coat again tonight, then I did the same for the little boys.

Stay tuned. (Thanks for letting me yell out my good news!)   
Canine family:
Freddie, Maltese  3 yrs
Teddy, Shih Tsu   6.5 yrs
Riley, Cocker     6 yrs
Waco the Wonder Dog, Great Pyrenees  2 yrs

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: I've taken the leap: Meet Waco the Wonder Dog!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 03:19:49 pm »
Awwwe he's handsome! I love his cape!  :-*
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 05:54:35 pm »
Congratulation s! It sounds like a perfect match for both of you. I'm so glad to hear that we didn't scare you off from a Pyr--we can't wait to hear all about him and his adjustment to his new life with you.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:55:13 pm »
Congratulation s!!!! What a wonderful thing you did for Waco: The Wonder Dog  ;D
Sounds like you have a great place in your home and in your heart for him  :-* :-* :-*

Now...We would love to see more pictures  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:56:37 pm »
Well, of course, NO ONE can resist a dog in a cape!! Congratualtion s on your new fur-baby!! I can't wait to hear and see more of Wonderful Waco!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Krista I

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:02:54 am »
aww he's so cute in his red cape!!  ;)  Happy to hear he's found a good home, and can now live the life he deserves  :)

Offline vikk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 04:06:28 am »
Thanks for your well wishes.

I'm sure I'll have more photos when I get rid of this galloping crud in my lungs and have a bit more energy. Waco and I will be attending a Christmas party at the animal emergency clinic where I spent so much time with Beau before he died. Waco already has his Santa hat. He's ready to party on Tuesday.
Canine family:
Freddie, Maltese  3 yrs
Riley, Cocker     6 yrs

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 05:00:57 am »
Congrats to you..You've done a wonderful thing!!!  I can't wait to hear more about your boy!!!! 

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 09:16:12 am »
Welcome Waco!!!!!!!
I know that he's gonna get right into the groove of things there!  Can't wait to see pics of him and the rest of the crew. It's so nice that you've brought him home in time for the holidays.  :D

Naja sends a big Pyr Paw high five to him, along with a big slobbery Pyr Kiss!   :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline vikk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 03:02:10 am »
Wow, thanks for all the great welcomes. Especially the big red moving one! It's nice to have a place to shout the news.

Canine family:
Freddie, Maltese  3 yrs
Riley, Cocker     6 yrs