Author Topic: Puppy Pyrenees Christmas  (Read 6516 times)

bigdogs@5501

Puppy Pyrenees Christmas
« on: December 06, 2007, 06:13:53 am »
Well here are a few of the pics. Six puppies tend to go in 6 different directions when you only want them to look forward. Piglet finally crashed and went to sleep so we are going to try it again tomorrow.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy Pyrenees Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 06:18:34 am »
Awwwe Paige, you are breaking my heart in here!!! Those babies are so adorable...too bad people shouldn't think about it around Christmas  :-X
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 06:24:31 am »
These guys are just wonderful. They sat and barked at us for the first 2-3 minutes.
Thankfully we have the parents to these guys and we know that neither one of the parents have any hip problems.
If anyone on BPO is interested in one of these babies, let me know. They are not going to be ready for at least another 6 weeks, then they are going to need wonderful families to adopt them.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:31:31 am »
and a few  more individual picks. I am afraid we are going to have to pry Piglet out of my daughters hands when she is ready to be adopted. Piglet even answers to Piglet now- and she goes right to my daughter the minute she goes into the bathroom (this is where the babies are residing at this time, tile floor - easy to clean)

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 06:45:54 am »
Oh Man .. I was just showing my husband the 2 1/2 wk pics earlier this evening, he was so full of questions about Pyrs that I couldn't even begin to answer but I was already thinking about another giant breed when the time is right .. I'm just now adjusting to this wonderful monster (aka Newf) that runs around and bounces off the furniture here since July.  Just this morning it took me about 3 min. to get Sadie to move from where she'd plopped down in front of the shower door so I could get out !!  I was laughing so hard - I couldn't believe the predicament I was in and who'd ever believe me but someone with one of these giant nuts on 4 legs.  ;D
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 08:27:50 am »
OMG Paige..They are soooo cute!  I dont think I could pick a favorite!  They are so fuzzy and fat!  Man I was thinking out loud tonight wondering how mad my family would be if I brought one home...Well you can guess Sarah is the one to hear me...Shes like MAD???  Of course shes the only one that wouldnt be mad..haha..The y are precious!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 08:29:08 am »
I'm already harrassing my family to let me get another puppy.  They may just concede by the time these pups are ready.   ;D

Any creative suggestions to get my family to want another?  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lorim2

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 08:34:01 am »
I'm already harrassing my family to let me get another puppy.  They may just concede by the time these pups are ready.   ;D

Any creative suggestions to get my family to want another?  :D
Haha...Good Luck!  I think we have so much that my family might throw me out if I continue to bring things home! But they are so adorable, its hard not to want at least one!

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 08:45:17 am »
Oh they are just adorable!!! How many of them are going to be under my tree Christmas morning????
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:46 pm »
You are doing a wonderful job with them.  You are right.  They are going to need wonderful homes just to try and keep up with the fantastic start you are giving them.  You are sure feeding the puppy fever around here with the too cute pictures.  If I didn't think they would get lost under the big paws already here, I would be seriously considering it.  Thanks for the pics.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 06:46:42 pm »
I'm not on here every day, but I missed something. Had no idea you were having puppies at your house Paige! 

I don't know how you manage to get out of the bathroom - I would hate to leave those fat fluffy babies! Great pics!  Thanks for sharing. :)
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »
Jennifer- readers digest version- I was emailed a pic of mom and dad- they were at a kill shelter. I tried and tried to get a rescue to go and get them. No luck- Jane ( Marypyrs started working on it as well) No one knew the female was pregnant, she gave birth to 11 in the shelter. We had 24 hours to get them out. I took off a day from work and drove 6 hours round trip.I couldnt leave dad, he would have been euthd that day had I left him, so I brought him home too. I have lost 5 of the babies in the first 8 days to illness. The remaining 6 were on antibiotics and breathing treatments and they are doing well now. Can I interest you in a puppy now? Or a lovely male and female who are very bonded. It was thru Jane who is a part of the Minnesota Pyr rescue that I was able to get these guys out.
Oh as a side note- when one of the local Pyr Rescues discovered that they were full blooded Pyrs, they decided that they then wanted then and that it was my duty to give them to them. I have since started the paper work to become a non profit Pyr rescue.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 09:03:18 pm »
I'm borrowing a friend's computer and saw these pics.  I'm so in love with the dark faced badger markings.  Remind me not to look at any more pics or I might try and get one of the boys. 

They are doing great and you are doing a wonderful job with them, Paige.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 09:12:38 pm »
Jennifer- readers digest version- I was emailed a pic of mom and dad- they were at a kill shelter. I tried and tried to get a rescue to go and get them. No luck- Jane ( Marypyrs started working on it as well) No one knew the female was pregnant, she gave birth to 11 in the shelter. We had 24 hours to get them out. I took off a day from work and drove 6 hours round trip.I couldnt leave dad, he would have been euthd that day had I left him, so I brought him home too. I have lost 5 of the babies in the first 8 days to illness. The remaining 6 were on antibiotics and breathing treatments and they are doing well now. Can I interest you in a puppy now? Or a lovely male and female who are very bonded. It was thru Jane who is a part of the Minnesota Pyr rescue that I was able to get these guys out.
Oh as a side note- when one of the local Pyr Rescues discovered that they were full blooded Pyrs, they decided that they then wanted then and that it was my duty to give them to them. I have since started the paper work to become a non profit Pyr rescue.

Wow - you are such an inspiration!  I can only wish I could take them all, and aspire to be like you and actually do it.  Good work and god bless!  :-*
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 10:16:38 pm »
Ahhhh. These little guys are killing me!!! I need a little girl now. An all white little girl. Then I will have a badger boy and all white girl. Ah! That would be so wonderful!!! What would be the chances of my boyfriend agreeing to this? Slim to none but it's worth a try! Hey, I have 6 weeks to work on him! And I am oh so serious in this. Miles really needs a friend. He gets bored being the only dog!!! I can only play with him so much!

P.S. My mom has been interested in this breed ever since I got Miles. She has a GSD and did have a miniature schnauzer but she was 13 years old and we recently lost her. :( I might check to see if she is still interested in a pyr. :)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees