Author Topic: Boxer attacked my conure  (Read 20839 times)

Icerotti

Re: Boxer attacked my conure
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 08:47:10 pm »
That is really cute Dober. Ikknow they are not THAT evil. I did have three growing up. I don't remember them as evil though. :-\

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 09:01:55 pm »
K...I assure you my bunnies are evil...lol...A ctually they are typical bunnies who do not want to be cuddled, picked up in anyway, are territorial & can have wicked tempers...I love them to death though!!!...When I got Jack from the shelter he has been neglected pretty badly...He hated people!...He would bite so hard when you tried to hold him that he broke the skin & sometimes left blood blisters too...I have a 2 inch scar on my thigh where he layed my leg open because he didn't want to be held...I finally gave up on the cuddling thing & let Jack be his own bunny...He was showing signs of needing to be neutered & I was getting around to it when, one night, he jumped up on the couch, scrambled up me & wound his feet in my hair & uuuummmmmmmmmm mm proceeded to go to town...All the time making this uuuhhh uuuhhh uuuhhhh sound...He had his feet wrapped in my hair & I couldn't pull him off & my hubby was laughing to hard to get up out of his chair...Finall y I managed to get him off of my head & thus ended his love affair with my head...lol...G ot him fixed shortly after & it made a big difference...T he cats didn't know for quite a long time after thought that it was safe to sit down to eat & not have to wathc over their shoulder for our amorous bunny...Now Jill, she ate everything she could get her teeth on...& she would grunt & hiss at me & strike at me like a snake when I tried to pick her up...She was fixed & settled down alot too...But the evil bunny name stuck!..lol!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 09:09:31 pm »
wewww what can you do?  My daughter had a BIG snake and it went after mother-in-law's parrot.  ecccchhhh  How you gonna spank a snake?

Peggy :o :o
Peggy

Icerotti

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 09:10:14 pm »
Gypsy I am LMAO and wiping the tears. If I was your husband I would have run for the digital cam ;D ;D ;D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 09:14:08 pm »
Oh he probably would have before he helped me if he could have gotten out of his chair!...I have never seen that man laugh so hard...Oh yeah...really funny laughing boy...This rabbit is molesting my head & there you sit laughing your a** off!...I felt so dirty....LOL!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:21:41 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Icerotti

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 09:18:05 pm »
Did you feel used Gypsy :o :o :o :o. I am sorry but I am still laughing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Puck is looking at me like are you ok mom

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 09:22:19 pm »
Just keep Puck away from your head!!!...lol!...It was really funny!

Icerotti

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 09:26:54 pm »
Now, I won't be able to sleep tonight with THOSE IMAGES in my head Gypsy :D :D
No worries about Puck*snip*Snip* sorry buddy but it had to be done :'(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 09:28:34 pm »
Be sure to check for evil sex offender bunnies under your bed before you turn out the light! WHHHHHHHHAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAH A!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:06 pm »
There are very strange pictures in my mind of the bunny and you.  Now I will have bad dreams.  lol
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 09:44:07 pm »
Nicole, thanks for the kind words, but im afraid the only reason I know what I know is because I AM OLD lol...... and I learn new things every day. But sometimes what I have experienced come to use, and if and when if does it makes me feel good that I could help a little.

And Gyps...... LMAO I heard that one, some time ago, I cant remember if it was in chat or if it is on here somewhere else, but that story is one of the funniest bunny stories I have ever heard. I am picturing the bunny with a little bit of his tongue sticking out in the corner of his mouth while humping away, grabbing his greedy little feetsys around your head hahahahaha who can blame your hubby for not getting up.......... lol.......That would have given you 25.000 dollars on americas funniest video or whatever it is called for sure.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 10:32:16 pm »
I think it was in chat Marit...& you have the picture pretty much like it was...lol...Th at bunny has always hated me but he loved my head!...It's probably the only affection he has ever showed me...sigh...Yo u take what you can get I guess. LOL!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 02:33:19 am »
You know, we all think a lot of these things are funny and so do I especially the rabbit thing.  But the bird conure really does not have very many days in the world if the dog is not corrected in his behavior.  If you think it is ok to keep the two of them separated at all times, ok, then that will work.  If you are afraid the dog may get loose from its room and do the bird in, then you need to do something about it.  There are some very good training books that can help change his reactions to being around the bird and all can live happily together and you can rest in peace and that is not across the bridge.  heehee  Don't know how we got from dog attacking bird to bunny humping head.......... .............. ..............

Later

Peggy
Peggy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 09:57:41 am »
You are right Peggy & I was thinking about that last night...I am sorry for hijacking your thread. :( Please forgive me...I don't know what I was thinking last night...I try to make a point of not doing that...How is your bird today?...I hope everything is o.k. there!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 11:09:13 am »
Peggy..... Do you know about books that actually address the bird/dog issue? If you do, I would love to get the titles. Not that I have had any problems really, but I would love to read about that problem and solving tips.

Phillips..... I should have been clearer, I read a post that said give water and food, and of course you shouldnt keep the poor bird away from food once it is a certain that it is  not in chock lol..... Now I feel bad, it sounded like I wanted to make the poor thing starve. But as long as you dont know if it is in chock or not, DO NOT give food, feeding a bird in chock will most likely make things way worse and risk to kill it. I dont foster birds for the wildlife since I have both cats and dogs, but it is in our training so we can treat and take care of it until a bird spec. takes over.

Also if you decide to give her the "bath tub" be very careful so you keep in extremely clean, since she has holes and broken skin, she is very very prone to infections, and they do tend to poop in the water if it is left in the cage, so just make sure she does not go in a water that is not absolutely clean. I would probably spray her instead if she likes that.

How is birdy doing today. I hope she is feeling better. Please keep us updated

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog