Author Topic: My sister's GSD may be pregnant  (Read 7654 times)

angelsmama

My sister's GSD may be pregnant
« on: December 08, 2007, 10:17:34 am »
My sister's GSD, Jetta, may be pregnant. She's registered and they had planned on breeding her soon after finding a good registered male (not this heat). Well they had a visitor while Jetta was getting some excerise. A male Border Collie. He hung around a few days and they couldn't keep him away. I tried to convince my sister it won't "ruin" her dog, but let's just hope she's not..  I'd hate for more puppies to be brought into the world and be at risk for shelters  :-\ :'(

angelsmama

Re: My sister's GSD may be pregnant
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:56 pm »
The Zetta Monster (my nickname for her) is 2. If she is pregnant they are calling the owners, though nothing can be none they are going to inform them of it since they allowed their dog to run loose thus resulting in a litter of puppies. If she is they will definately be some smart pups! Border Collie and German Shep. They will be gorgeous babies  :)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:20:41 pm »
How soon before she will know?

Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 01:07:26 pm »
its only been like 1 1/2 weeks so too soon now i'd think

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 02:43:49 pm »
Hey, there. When I was a kid we had a dog who's daddy was a collie and his mom was a german shepard. I absolutely loved that dog. He was so smart. His coloring was of a german shepard and his body like a collie. He was really a beautiful dog. And big, too. I got knocked down and "face washed" every day I got home from school.  ;D Loved him like crazy.

Terri
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »
Oo! Smarter but still BP. If there is a liter maybe I can convince my mom to let me bring one home!

Hopefully everything will turn out well though!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 10:45:32 pm »
If she is pregnant they are calling the owners, though nothing can be none they are going to inform them of it since they allowed their dog to run loose thus resulting in a litter of puppies.

I don't mean this to be rude at all....but when you have a female dog (not you personally, but your sister I guess) isn't it your responsibility to make sure that she can't be accessed by a male dog during her heat? Sometimes the males aren't out running around...they are miles and miles away, in a pen...but the scent gets them and drives them nuts and they break out.

Anyway, I hope if she if pregnant, that you find good homes for all the babies, I'm sure they will be too cute!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 10:55:26 pm »
it was a silent heat , they didnt even know she had come in till they caught the dog hanging around.. but yea she said if she is she'll find her pups good homes

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 11:00:40 pm »
aw, ok...that sucks for sure.
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline dodger

• Gnawer
  • My Jammy Dodge!
    • View Profile
    • Hands on paws
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 11:00:03 pm »
hi i'm new here and i have a german shepherd and a german shepherd cross border collie! :-* She's got floppy ear's but the markings of a german shepherd and the body of a collie!
She's not as smart as a collie or a german shepherd (for some odd reason ???) but down to poor socilizaion she is a very nervous girl.  :-\
i can try and get some picture's of her if you would like??

laura and DLB  ;D