Author Topic: Hi All - I am new to this - but so happy to find it :)  (Read 10095 times)

Offline ssraymond1102

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi All - I am new to this - but so happy to find it :)
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:52:01 pm »
Hello, my name is Shelley!  My husband and I live in Florida, we have two human kids, and one canine (for now), I get my second on Thursday :)  I have a two year old Newf (Landseer) named Shadow and our newest edition, Skylar (an eight week old Saint) will be arriving on Thursday, December 13th (which feels like forever to me  :-\  I have ONLY owned big (subjectively speaking), Goldens as a child, a Pyr, Newf and now Saint, so to say I love big girls would be an understatement .  I am so happy to find a place where people share my love for Giants.  I have heard nothing but "why in the h*ll are you getting another horse" and "they only live for 8 years"...so on and so forth.  So this is a welcome relief.  Anyways, any advice on my newest edition is most welcome, I stay home, so the jury is still out on crate training, so if you have advice, please let me know.  Thanks so much and nice to meet everyone!

Shelley

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All - I am new to this - but so happy to find it :)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
Another Florida person!?!?!?! We are few and far between on here but I must say I do see alot of our giants around town.

I'm Annette, mom to Jagermeister a Bullsmastiff and a phirana cat named Bacardi. Welcome to BPO! We have a whole forum for saints and lots of pics, which you must post (unwritten rule  ;))
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:04:34 pm »
Welcome Shelley!!! Lucky you on getting a great family addition ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ssraymond1102

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:05:06 pm »
Thanks Jagersmom (LOVE THE NAME).  I am in Cape Coral, we have a few big kids down here...I actually met a guy on myspace that lives three miles from me that has a Landseer too, so that was cool, we have not gotten them together for a play date, but plan on it when Skylar is ready.  I posted Meese's pic (Shadow) and will DEFINITELY be posting pics of our new little beast, appreciate the warm welcome, this is my kind of place :)

Shelley

Offline ssraymond1102

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 09:06:01 pm »
I love Pyrs, they are gorgeous, your's is AWESOME :)

Shelley

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 09:11:13 pm »
I'm near Tampa so no play dates unless it's a long drive and Jager's car rides aren't so good (there is a thread in the Bullsmastiffs Discussions).

What a pretty puppy!! Okay so adult but their all puppies to me!  :D
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 09:44:51 pm »
Welcome Shelley!  Your dog has the sweetest face...  :)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lorim2

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 11:11:42 pm »
Hi Shelly!  Welcome to BPO..You will love it here...Your newf girl is beautiful and cant wait for pics of the puppy!  I am Lori...mom to alot, but Marley our OEM is my avatar!  Look forward to more pics!

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 12:19:09 am »
Hey there.  Welcome to a great group of people.  You will find lots of info as well as warm, caring people here.  I was so grateful to find them.  I live in Orlando and yes, it does get old to be asked, "Where's the saddle?  Do they allow ponies where you live?  Wow, you must have a huge house, or do they just stay in the yard?  Do you live out in the woods? I wouldn't want those monsters in my neighborhood, good grief.  Do they eat much?"  It get's hard to be polite.  It's kind of nice to be able to talk to other people who deal with the same kind of thing.  Good luck on your new baby and don't forget, pictures are a requirement of this site.  Just kidding, but they are very much appreciated, especially by those of us who don't have little puppies anymore.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 01:10:45 am »
Welcome Shelly! your Newf is SOOOOO cute. and i can't wait to see photos of your saint pup. i love saint bernards. i am hoping to get one later down the road, when we dont have so many...
Im Jodi *but please, call me Jo* Mom to Zero & Jigsaw the bull terriers, Memphis, the great dane and little Reba my chinese crested... Great to have you here :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 02:21:05 am »
Hi Shelly-Welcome to BPO.Your Newf is gorgeous!! Now where are the baby pics??? I adore Saints :D Michelle- Mom to Butt and Tub the Saints
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:25 pm »
Welcome to the board.  I love your avatar and can't wait to see more pics of your new baby and your older one too.  I'm Kat and my crew is listed below
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 05:20:22 pm »
Hi Shelley and Shadow!!  Welcome to BPO!  I am Stephanie, mom to 8 yr old Magic the Black Lab and 10.5 month old Sierra the maniac.  Umm, I mean Newf...Sierra the Newf.  ;D   The rest of my zoo is listed in my signature.

Shadow has such a pretty face, you can just tell she's a love.  I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one...only two more days to go!!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:23:22 am »
hello and welcome!  Shadow is gorgeous!  Can't wait to see pix of the new guy, too.  I love St. Bernards!

My name is Chris, and I am mom to Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 3 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 2 yr old rat terriers (along with a constantly growing slew of other critters)  ;D