Author Topic: Vick's Letter To The Judge  (Read 3981 times)

EllieAndBlu

Vick's Letter To The Judge
« on: December 13, 2007, 12:01:45 am »
Seriously, I couldn't beieve my eyes when I saw this on the Atlanta newspaper website....  hers is Vick's letter to the judge and a few letters of support... including one from Hank Aaron and George Foreman.

It is appauling to say the least.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/pdf/vickletters/vick1.pdf
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:05:16 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Vick's Letter To The Judge
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:52:36 am »
I have a hard time believing this is real.  If it is, which I hope it is not, it is a flagrent and pathetic grasp for forgiveness and makes it all the more obvious that he is a truly evil man, and also very stupid if he thinks a stunt like this will win people over.  I hope he rots in prison, becomes Bubba's girlfriend, and then gets attacked by a Poodle as soon as he steps out of the doors.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Vick's Letter To The Judge
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:05 pm »
I honestly have mixed feelings about this letter. On one hand, I have to appreciate the fact that he truly SEEMS to feel remorse for his actions. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe anyone who "loves" animals and "has always taken care of his animals" didn't realize dog fighting was wrong, immoral or hurtful to the dogs involved.

I do have to applaud the fact that he accepts his punsishment and is not trying to push the fault of his actions off onto circumstances or other people or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But on the other hand (or I guess I'm up to one foot now) he seems to waffle back and forth between remorse and self-pity. On the other foot, I do agree with his final statement, "I will be judged on what I do and how I live not on what I say."

I guess in the end, I'm 1) overjoyed that he actually got a just punsihment for this horrific crime and 2)I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I guess we'll see when he gets out of jail how he decides to use that 2nd chance. If he's smart and truly sorry he will start making amends while he is still in prison.

Only time will tell...
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain