Author Topic: Grace met the Big Guy  (Read 5741 times)

lins_saving_grace

Grace met the Big Guy
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:14:01 pm »
Oh My God that was the most fun thing ever. 
we pulled into the parking lot and reviewed the rules for going inside where people and other dogs would be and how not to pull mommy across the icey parking lot.
we raced inside and found a ton of other dogs waiting to see santa.  but the line wasn't as long as long as i thought, just long enough for Grace to make friends with 2 chocolate labs, one boxer, 2 fuzzy things, a collie, and the people they brought with them.  She was an angle!!!!  every one said she was beautiful. 
so we get up to the front of the line and see the big guy in his big chair.  oh my god oh my god oh my god.  "Mommy it's him!!! It's Santa!!!!"  (i called the store yesterday to make sure Santa didn't have rottie fear) Santa looked and said "There's a big fella!"  so Grace went up to him and sat on his foot. 
it's not a great picture...but we did it.  we saw Santa!!!  (I have to run to the store and buy a UBS chord to fit this new scanner/printer my parents got me for Xmas so i can scan this picture and post it here.

the picture was stuffed in this cute frame and handed to all the pet parents in a bag.  Grace and i waited and got our bag and looked inside when we got home.  Santa gave her a bag of treats, a big bone and a petsmart squeeky toy.  she's been tossing that around since we got home. 
i'm so pround of my pupper.  she had so much fun.  and we saw Santa.  she was so excited she forgot to tell him what she has on her list. 
i'm about to cry!!!  I've been wanting to take Grace to see Santa for 2 years now.  God it's good to be free and able to do things like this with her.
Merry Christmas, Gracey!!!! I love you Bugaroo!!!

And Merry Christmas to all of you and your people!!!!  may this be the best holiday ever!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Grace met the Big Guy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:39:36 pm »
What a good girl Grace!!! You must be so happy to have met the big man himself!! I can't wait to see your photo!!!!

My  babies met him today also. Check out the pics
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:26:52 pm »
well here it is

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:08 pm »
Aw, she loooks wonderful!!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:15:34 pm »
Awww, IM glad that Grace had a good time with Santa. They had pictures at the mall last saturday and we wanted to take him, but then we thought, Okay how would the people in the mall react to Fumble. Now the people at the vet are sweet and okay with a dog his size, but a pet store or the mall, he takes everything out with his tail!! and im sure he would scare some people. I should have thought about calling first. Oh well, next year!
We can't wait to see the picture!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:07:44 pm »
Awww. Grace and Santa look so cute together! Even though Grace forgot to tell Santa what she wanted for christmas....I'm sure she'll receive all she wanted and more ;)

That Santa actually seems a bit more Santa-like than some I've seen lately! Some people just aren't cut out to be Santa. He's got too big of shoes to fill!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 10:12:00 pm »
Awww, IM glad that Grace had a good time with Santa. They had pictures at the mall last saturday and we wanted to take him, but then we thought, Okay how would the people in the mall react to Fumble. Now the people at the vet are sweet and okay with a dog his size, but a pet store or the mall, he takes everything out with his tail!! and im sure he would scare some people. I should have thought about calling first. Oh well, next year!
We can't wait to see the picture!!
Fumble is hardly scarey looking.  i've seen Newfs and they are so laid back.  the tail taking things out would be a small issue...but who cares!!!  i say take him to the mall!!!!  or at least bring him here.  i'll take him anyday.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 10:14:18 pm »
her toy santa gave her is now her favorite.  she's been playing with it for hours now.  i tell her to get the toy from santa and she comes back with the little blue star squeeky toy that says petsmart on top.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 10:58:47 pm »

Fumble is hardly scarey looking.  i've seen Newfs and they are so laid back.  the tail taking things out would be a small issue...but who cares!!!  i say take him to the mall!!!!  or at least bring him here.  i'll take him anyday.
[/quote]

There's a local pet store that does photo's with santa, and she was going to set it all up in the basement of her store so that the dogs wouldn't destory anything in the store. But I think we missed that one :( oh well, theres always next year
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!