Author Topic: Inside vs. Outside Sleepers: An Informal Poll  (Read 15890 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Inside vs. Outside Sleepers: An Informal Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 11:01:57 pm »
All our dogs, including 5newfoundlands have always slept indoors. They usually sleep in the bedroom, but some move to the bathroom if it gets too hot. Our newest rescue Annabelle was an outside dog, but she loves being inside and now howls at the door if we have left her out fot too long  ;D
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

lookingfornewf

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 11:14:23 pm »
Clifford sleeps inside, sometimes on the bedroom floor, sometimes by the back patio door, sometimes on the tile in the hallway, when too hot he goes to the cement floor in the basement. When he is ready to wake me up (always before I am ready) he comes up on the bed, licks my face and lays on top of me, or occasionally next to me.
Annie, my Jack Russel sleeps under the covers between me and my husband. I used to worry we would crush her, but she is 8yrs old now, so it obviously is fine. If I'm moving too much she will go sleep in her cage, making sure to indignantly bang around before settling down.

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 01:19:18 am »

Annie, my Jack Russel sleeps under the covers between me and my husband. I used to worry we would crush her, but she is 8yrs old now, so it obviously is fine. If I'm moving too much she will go sleep in her cage, making sure to indignantly bang around before settling down.

:D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 08:56:49 am »
Penny starts the night on the bed but then when it's time to actually sleep she hops down onto the floor in front of the AC. SHe doesn't like to sleep on bedding at night so she moves it if we put it there. If we open the bedroom door at night we usually find her sleeping in the tub  ;)
RIP former BPO

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 01:36:51 pm »
Ellie has slept in my bed, under the covers since she was a puppy - now she is 4 1/2 and likes to arrange herself so I am spooning her... Donkey sleeps up by the pillows next to me - usually with his stinky rump in my face... and Blu sleeps in his bed, on the floor next to mine.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:56:21 am »
That will teach me to leave my son in charge--like leaving a monkey in charge of the bannanas.
Stella

Heh heh heh heh heh...  I'm picturing a monkey sitting there staring at the bananas, jsut waiting till there's nobody looking... :D :D

Naja sleeps in my room at night, she'll start off on the bed till I fall asleep, or till I stop petting her, then she'll take up her spot at the foot of my bed facign the door.  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Gentian

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 11:25:20 am »
All three of mine sleep indoors, in our bedroom. Sometimes if it's hot, they'll start out on the wood floors in the living room or my son's room, but by morning, everyone's in the bedroom. Sometimes Junie sleeps on the bed, but only after I'm asleep and have stopped moving my legs.

In the morning, once my husband has left the bed, the dogs take his spot. There's nothing better than waking up in a pile of sleeping dogs.  :)

Offline My Kahlua-Bear! :-]

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 01:28:28 pm »
Kahlua sleeps inside in a crate big enough for two full grown newfs lol. Does anyone else have a new that sleeps on their back with their lags splayed out? lol

Surprisingly i find the loud snoring very comforting :)