Author Topic: I'm getting kicked out of my apartment  (Read 18934 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: I'm getting kicked out of my apartment
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 01:56:45 am »
Linn,

Before you move - if it's possible, check around and see if anyone offers the Canine Good Citizen class - your local humane societies, etc. If you can put her through that and get her certified a CGC then at least you have that to back up that she is neither aggressive or unruly and a future landlord will not have to worry about her.

What many landlords don't realize that tenants who have dogs can actually be a benefit to their property - I mean, who is going to even try to break in if they see Grace's big mug in the window??

My psychic side (which is purely conjectural, wholly unverified and mostly just my imagination) tells me that this is fate's way of telling you it's time to make another change for the better - even if it's scary and even if you end up some place not ideal to begin with. I mean, look at everything that's been going on with you lately:  the new boyfriends, the new business, the new single life, your new self-confidence, the sexy new shoes.... something amazing is about to happen to you. I say, go with the flow!

And remember, we're all here for you!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 12:10:49 pm »
This really sucks. I am sure that Rottweiler = aggressive...:( People see the dog and assume it is going to eat them. Yesterday I was letting the puppies out to potty and the peple that trim the trees from the power lines were out in the road. The girls ran out semi barking (tails wagging) and the guys jumped in their truck. Even after I walked out there and said I promise they won't bite they are only 10 months old, they are puppies...he said yeah right. I believe everything happens for a reason, you have been talking about a move, maybe this is lifes way of giving yu the kick in the rear to do it. Chin up girl, it will work out.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 12:23:15 pm »
Oh my gosh. I cannot believe this! I would be so upset right now. Heck, I AM upset right now! But, I also agree....this seems like your chance. Your chance to move to somewhere you'd really enjoy. I believe everything happens for a reason too, and I agree..."this IS life's way of giving you the kick in the rear to do it."  ;)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 03:11:34 pm »
so i went over to the apartment manager office and they were both there.  i had my letter in hand and said "I have a solution to this if you want!" i told him i'm in a high traffic corner and i can't avoid everyone. so move me to a new unit.  he pulled out a map of the development and said here's what i had in mind...and showed me a unit that will be available in January that is so remote that no one will see me.  i can go straight into the field where i take grace out to potty.   i will loose the ceiling fans and dishwasher though.  but they will move over the washer and dryer.  so life is ok.  the rent may be $50 less too.  :) 
so a minor inconvenience but dealable. 

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm getting kicked out of my apartment * HAPPY ENDING
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 03:13:35 pm »
and on the way to the office...this is great.
the lady with the shiz tzu was walking by and the dog came at me.  i shuttered (ok it was not a sincere shutter) but i acted all scared.  she fell right into this.  She said "Don't worry.  she won't do anything."  I looked her straight in the eye...held up my letter and said "Neither will mine!"  and walked away.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:18:05 pm by Lin, aka Playa »

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: I'm getting kicked out of my apartment *HAPPY UPDATE
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 03:24:47 pm »
Wow. Good for you Lin! I'm glad you could work something out with them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:25:26 pm by Lin, aka Playa »
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lorim2

Re: I'm getting kicked out of my apartment * HAPPY ENDING
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 03:37:31 pm »
and on the way to the office...this is great.
the lady with the shiz tzu was walking by and the dog came at me.  i shuttered (ok it was not a sincere shutter) but i acted all scared.  she fell right into this.  She said "Don't worry.  she won't do anything."  I looked her straight in the eye...held up my letter and said "Neither will mine!"  and walked away.
Haha..That is great!  Exactly something I would do!!  YOu go girl...in the meantime you should soooo find something else and wait until its time to move to the corner.. and then just say "Oh one thing...ByeBye"....

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:12 pm »
LIn that   totaly  sucks a tleast   they will comprimice  with you.. IT  goes all the way to  ppl  labeling  rotti's...  MY  MIL  won't  come over  to my house  any more ( i don't mind)  BUt becasue  Zeus  growled and  barked at her when I Was home alone and  she  barged right  in..  I Hope   you get  everything  worked out
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:40 pm »
yeah i was shocked.  i cried so hard.  but i feel better now.  my new unit is the same size, minus the dishwasher, microwave and ceiling fans.  but i can hand wash dishes and get a small mic.  it'll be fine.  this is for my baby.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 08:44:02 pm »
Congrats Lin.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 11:49:15 am »
This just goes to show you how little the average person knows about dogs.  They see a Rottie and immediately think *Aggressive*....they see a Cocker Spaniel and think "How Cute!".....little do they know that the Cocker is much more likely to attack them. 

Here's a link to a page about aggressive dog breeds...it's one of the "better" ones I've seen, because it addresses many small breeds rather than just give the usual Rottweiler/Doberman/PitBull list.  You could print it off and tape it to your neighbor's doors...make them think about the neighborhood Chihuahua instead of just focusing on your dog...lol....

http://dogobedienceadvice.com/which_dog_breeds_are_most_aggressive.php
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

lorim2

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 05:32:36 pm »
That was actually a good article.  Thanks for sharing..I might add that my Marley is a 200lb bundle of love that I would totally trust with any adult or child but my 5 lbs chihuahua is a total b****(but I love her!) and wouldnt trust her with kiddos or anyone for that matter...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 09:51:35 pm »
Lin, I am so incredibly proud of you for taking matters into your own hands and confronting the situation head on to find an amicable solution for everyone. You are awesome!!

And double-good for you for putting the shih-tzu-owner in her place!  You know, more small dogs cause bite injuries than large dogs. They just don't get the press because their bites don't tend to be as severe.

One word of advice - get their offer in writing NOW so they can't back out of it later when word gets out to the stupid tenants that they weren't successful in pushing you around.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 04:11:22 am »
lin-that's wonderful news.  I mean, it may have fewer ammeneties but u n grace have made a stand in the face of perceived injustice and everyone won....to some degree.  I'm happy for u!  My momma always told me u catch more flies with honey...and u used just that.  ;)
karma is kewl!