Author Topic: Best Harness?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline sfswissy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Best Harness?
« on: December 22, 2007, 05:47:24 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Time for Louie to graduate from his collar. He's starting to pull HARD and I really don't want to go the prong collar route. He's 4 months old and has developed selective hearing while we're out walking. I don't want to tug on his collar anymore for fear of injury and need to find an alternative.

Anyone have a favorite harness? I've heard the Sensi-harness and the Ruff Rider are both good.

Any advice?

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Best Harness?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
I agree about the head collar.  We struggled for months trying to correct Zeus and Apollo's pulling with a regular collar.  And I didn't want to do a prong collar, so we bought them Halti-collars from Petsmart.  (It works like a lead for a horse.)  The transformation was nothing short of amazing!  Now it's a complete joy walking them (No more sore arms!)  It only took them one short walk to get used to having something on their muzzles, but after lots of treats and praise, they decided it was worth it!  Since your pup's only 4 months old, I'm sure he would get used to it quickly, too.  Good luck!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Best Harness?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 12:36:37 am »
I agree, the easy walk harness is nice. I have one, but unfortunately Miles grew out of it already :( He grew out of it like less than a month after I got it! I swear. And he was maybe a little younger than your pup and it was a medium. I was thinking of buying a new one because he's starting to pull really bad at places like the vet and pet store. It's a pretty good investment...b ut do expect to have to buy a couple different sizes!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees