Author Topic: What is wrong with my dog?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
What is wrong with my dog?
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:35:17 pm »
It seems like Lily is trying to pick a new Christmas theme of dealing with guests every year...Last year was her first Christmas and we had my hubby's parents and brother over for a week. Lily was 5 months then and totally housebroken. Well, as soon as they showed up she pooped and peed in the house like 5 times mostly in their rooms and in the basement. As soon as they left everything went back to normal.
This Christmas story is somewhat different...Ev ery time we left our bedroom door open she would jump on the bed and make an enormous clump out of our bedding, pillows and comforter!!!  ???
I just don't get it! They left today so we will see if she continues. I usually leave the door open so she can sleep on the bed all day and I have not seen this kind of crap before  >:(
Are any of your dogs do this weird stuff when you have guests staying for a while?

P.S. Julie, I know that your silly Tilly kitty does ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:36:11 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with my dog?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:49:26 pm »

I bet she's just really stressed.  Think about it, don't you want to curl up in bed when they are there?  Have a little quiet, sleepy time just to yourself?  I would!  :)

Well, I would... but she doesn't stay there after she "makes the bed"  ::) That's why I don't get it  ???
Why would you mess up your own bed and leave???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:49:53 pm by People Whisperer »
Mary W. Crane

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 02:54:15 pm »
Hmmmm.  It does sound strange.  Just a curiosity though, how often do you have guests over?  Could she be feeling overwhelmed and this the only way she can think of to express herself?  I once had a cat who hated one of my room mates, he was usually fine with every one else, but this room mate, he would sneak into her room and pee and poop on her bed and her stuff.  It was just his way of saying mom, I can't stand this chick, could you please get rid of her?  I think it's just her way of dealing with the stress, and at least she isn't doing what she did last year?  ;) ;) ;)  Give Lily a big hug and slobbery Pyr Kiss from Naja and I, and tell her not to worry 'cause the holidays are almost over!  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
Just a curiosity though, how often do you have guests over?  

I have friends staying for one night after parties but that is it. And Lily is usually fine with that. I guess Christmas is the only time when my in-laws stay for 7-10 days every year  :-\

P.S. They are very nice people BTW. They give Lily great presents and take her for walks and give her massages  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:01:52 pm by People Whisperer »
Mary W. Crane

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:32:55 pm »
Cassie is my only pyr so far that hasn't dug both inside & out.  Probably b/c she has a little something extra in her DNA she missed that behavior (and it's ok with us  ;)  ;D).  When we had Cara we owned a house with carpeting throughout and she left scratch marks in some corners that wouldn't completely disappear with vacuuming.  Now Sam is doing that on our area rugs.   :)  ::)  I've always heard that those scratch marks are another way that they mark their territory, so maybe Miss Lily was just letting everyone know that your bed is HER turf.  In any case, that calendar girl is just too darn pretty to be annoyed at for long.  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 08:35:33 pm »
I didn't look at it as a big issue as it doesn't take long to get the bed back and I could easily close the door. I just wanted to get the underlying problem since Lily is NOT destructive at all...I mean AT ALL. My hubby thought it was really nice of me calling it "making a bed" LOL!
Anyways, everybody left really early this morning and I did leave the bedroom door open for her. I just got home and found her happily sleeping in my bed like always without messing it up  ;D ;D ;D What a girl!!!
Thank you for ideas ladies! Now I definitely know that I live with a spoiled rotten drama queen :-*

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:49:24 pm by People Whisperer »
Mary W. Crane