Author Topic: Rottweilers living with other breeds.  (Read 16609 times)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Rottweilers living with other breeds.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 10:21:27 pm »
My Rott Bear (now deceased) was the best dog I have ever had when it came to other animals. Big or small he was gentle and polite with all of them. He raised many cats and loved when they would pounce on his head but his favorite were young puppies. We added 3 more dogs in his lifetime (adults and pups) and he always played with the board and foster dogs.
 Bear was my first pick for "Socializing with an adult dog" in my puppy classes. Always patient I never even heard so much as a "back off" growl...and I loved the owners faces when his 125 lbs self came lumbering in the room to play with their crazy 10 week olds.
Bear changed many peoples minds on what Rotts can be...God I miss that big guy!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:24:01 pm by VdogLover »

lins_saving_grace

Re: Rottweilers living with other breeds.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 11:52:41 pm »
I had a silky terrier mix.  Missy died when Lady, now living with my ex husband, was only 6 months old.  But while we had both dogs, Lady loved Missy. 
Grace now has a buddy named Jake who is a Dalmation mix and they love eachother.  they only play outside together so it's not a living situation...sh e also has a fried named Stub who is a Blue Healer.  she gets along with most other breeds.