Author Topic: Modoc Wishes You All A Happy New Years  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Modoc Wishes You All A Happy New Years
« on: January 02, 2008, 04:18:39 am »
As you can tell by the look on his face it says "there better be a pretty good treat waiting for me after this humiliation, lol"

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Modoc Wishes You All A Happy New Years
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 04:26:45 am »
Even with his sad little face he is still very handsome.The ? is though did he get a good treat???
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:25:51 am »
Oh Yeah, There was left over steak and that humilated face turned into the most happy face in the world.  Plus he got a 5 mile hike with ten friends for New Years Day.  He was one happy camper, lol, jeri

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
Jeri, that Modoc is the cutest ever! Give him a huge happy new year hug from me, and a kiss on the nose too  :D
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 11:56:47 pm »
Well he got better then a "good Treat!"  The little bugger.  My friend made a bunch of cookies for NYE.  We went to the mountains today.  I placed the cookies up 6 feet tall in an air tight container.  When we got back from a snow mobile drive we found he had gotten them and ate 20 cookies.  No dinner tonight, lol.  Five of them were chocolate so was on the phone to the vet as to what to watch for if he had a reaction but he seems fine.  That's my Modoc, lol, always into something.  He's four now but was the "puppy from h*ll" as a puppy and I've had Danes for 30 years and can tell you he is a card, lol.  But yes, lol, he did get his treat, lol,
jeri

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:03:31 am »
Yes, think you're a 100% right.  The amount of theobromine per kilograms doesn't equate to a 150 pound dog eating four chocolate cookies.  Being the worry wart I am, I still called the vet and asked what symptoms to look for if he had an adverse reaction.  He resently has been diagnosed with food allergies and is on atterax to help so I didn't know if he would react weird to a small amount of chocolate.  She said to watch for him puking, or getting yancy and his pulse should be around 90.  Theobromine is like caffine so if it has ill effects the heart rat will go up.  Thus causing the yancy behavior.  Well 4 hours after he consumed the 20 cookies he started acting yancy so I wanted to check his pulse.  My hubbie is a doc  and I was a respiratory therapist so we're both pretty comfortable with taking pulses. Well we flunked BIG TIME

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:08:56 am »
We tried taking his carotid, we flunked taking his radial, we flunked taking his femoral artery pulse.  we couldn't feel anything.  Dogs are different then people, lol.  Finally I fo9und a stethoscope and could put it over his heart and check his pulse, lol.  Totally normal.  I think his yancyness was the fact he wanted dinner and wasn't getting any, lol.  Thank goodness for vets and vet techs because human medical people are worthless with their experience with pets, lol,
jeri

Offline Jeri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 03:21:04 am »
Oh ywa, here's a great article.  Don't know if you have an information library here but it's a good article
http://www.danes.org.uk/choc.htm
jeri