Author Topic: Port Dover!! A Conundrum...  (Read 8112 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Port Dover!! A Conundrum...
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:06:47 am »
Well Port Dover is the day after tomorrow, and although Mike and I won't be riding there anymore (long story involving a motorcycle accident where nobody but Mikes bike got hurt), we're still gonna be there rain or shine!  I was hoping that any and all BPO'ers that are going might want to meet up.  I won't be taking Naja as I think that it's just too much stimulus for her to handle, but I do think I recall Liz saying that Atticus will be there ;).

So if you're going to be attending the festivities in Port Dover, let's meet up and have some bevvies on a patio or whatever!  PM me and I'll get you my cell #, if I can get the bl***y thing working by then (it's been dropped/ slobbered on one too many times), or we can just set up a central meeting area and time in the town and let it go from there.  :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:27:48 am by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Port Dover!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »
WooHoo!!  That sounds great, we were going to go a little later as well to try and catch some of the night life.  :D

Any other takers??  ;D

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:02:21 pm »
We are still hoping to go. We have workmen here all week putting in some tile and a shower too(didn't plan on the shower) It depends on what time they leave and also if we get the thunder storms they are talking about. Hopefully we will get there early evening(if it's not raining) and will bring Clifford if it's not too hot. If we do he will be the 9 month old Newfie with a red leash and collar, dragging me around to see everybody and everything.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:04:21 pm »
That's awesome!  I can't wait to see you guys there.  I've decided that I am going to bring Naja too, so also be on the look out for a great big white Polar Bear dragging myself and my boyfriend Mike around.   :D

Also in case of rain, I was hoping to pick up a yellow rain slicker for Naja, any ideas where one might be found that's big enough?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:27:07 am »
Well now I don't know if I should be bringing Naja or not, and it's gettng a little late for last minute decisions!  Mike spoke to a bunch of people that said it's not a good idea.  :(

Apparently it's like shoulder to shoulder there, and Naja does like to bark alot.  Mike thinks she'll be too stressed out and we wouldn't have any fun.  I still think that it would be a good experience for her to be around all those people, but Mike wants to leave her home.  :( What do you guys think??  She did make an awful racket when we were camping, and we didn't have any fun because of it.  Will it be that busy this late in the day??  How does Atticus handle it? or other dogs that have been around alot of people?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:38:07 am »

She did make an awful racket when we were camping, and we didn't have any fun because of it. 
What did she do to make your camping trip miserable?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Port Dover!! A Conundrum...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:24 am »
When I took Lily to downtown of Annapolis, very dog friendly and people packed place, she was crazy at first. She forgot all good manners and was choking herself to death for 10-15 min. After that she settled right in and was laying down by the outdoor restaurant tables and greeting passing dogs and people while we were having nice cold beer ;D
Have you ever taken Naja to a busy place?
Mary W. Crane

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 12:25:37 pm »
When we were camping she would bark constantly at anything and everything that moved or walked within a 100' radius of our camp site.  Even at night when she was in the tent with us she would be barking.

I've never taken her any place really busy like this before, and they're expecting close to 100 000 people there in a town whose population is normally much less then that.  I think we've decided to leave her home in the air conditioned house.  I'm sad about it 'cause I really wanted to bring her.  But I guess it's for the best right now.  We'll have to start out by bringing her to smaller events closer to home.  :'(

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »
We'll have to start out by bringing her to smaller events closer to home.  :'(
That's a great idea! If she hasn't been to any busy places before it would be way to much for her and she would get stressed out and stress you out in return :( She will thank you later for leaving her home ;D
Mary W. Crane

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 12:37:58 pm »
Thanks for the show of support.  I guess I just needed that second opinion to really convince me I was doing the right thing by leaving her at home.  :)

Either way I can't wait to meet Liz, Jaime and Atticus.  :D :D

lookingfornewf

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 06:12:48 am »
I'm sorry we didn't get to Dover. It was a whole series of things. On my way home from work I got in an accident and totalled my truck, just bruised myself. The men doing the tile flooring we're having put in, didn't leave until 5:30. The new shower tap we had someone put in for us the day before started leaking again, which is why we had to replace it in the first place. The plumber we called couldn't come until evening and left about 7:30. I really wanted to go and probably complained as much about that as my truck, just didn't work out.
Hope all of you that did go had a good time before the thunder storms came.