Author Topic: Dirty Girl!!! -- Updated with pictures  (Read 3543 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Dirty Girl!!! -- Updated with pictures
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:22:19 pm »
Sigh...So I have bitten the bullet and hired a friend of my step fathers son to take the pups for a walk every day while I'm so busy this week.  My mom is in Mexico with my sister and I'm working every day because my boss is also in Mexico and I'm covering his shifts.  That means I work every day from 7 - 3 and go to school every night from 5 - 9:30, this leaves me an hour when I get home to take the puppies in, get changed for school, feed the puppies, feed myself, then leave for school.  SO!  Yesterday I got home from school at about 10:30 pm, Naja was already in her crate as my step father goes to bed at like 9:30.  I took her out of her crate for some lovings before bed and she's covered in cow poop!  She must have gotten into one of the cow pens!  She obviously had fun, but she stunk to high heaven.  I brushed as much of the smelly stuff I could off of her, then had to put her back in her crate cause I'm sorry, but I don't want a poopy dog in my bed, and there just isn't time to bath her.  I'm going to have to make sure that the boy leaves her on leash from now on which sucks cause she loves running around in the fields, but I don't want her to get more mucky, and I'm having some friends of mine come to the house a few times this week to just hang out with the dogs, and I guess I'll have to get them to give her a bath (which she HATES).  Sigh!  I wish I could just quit my job so I only had to go to school so I had more time with my doggies...  :P

Anyways, I didn't really have a point to this story other then a little laugh at my poopy Pyr, but now I have a question.  What's the giong rate for dog walkers?  I offered the kid $10 a day to do it, but if she's gonna be a pain in the butt, maybe I should give him more for being such a good sport.  What do you guy think??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:53:46 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty Girl!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 02:24:08 pm »
here in ma, it is about $20 per  half-1 hour, and $15 for 15-30 min

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty Girl!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:02:15 pm »
In MD my friend pays $10-12 for a half an hour walk.
I think it's pretty good  :)

I am so lucky that I work 10 min away from my house and can come home for lunch every day and walk Lily  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty Girl!!! -- Updated with pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 06:56:14 pm »
Here are some pictures of her after todays walk, I didn't get a chance to talk to him yet about keeping her on leash.  lol   ::) :D  Keep in mind that this is after I wiped her down with a now discusting towel.

Modified to add:  I guess it's just mud that she's rolling in in the forest, but man does it STINK!  lol
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:57:03 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty Girl!!! -- Updated with pictures
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 01:55:51 am »
LOL!  I was looking closely at Naja's muddy girl pics and it kinda looks like she might have done the roll the side of the head in something stinky thing that mine really like to do.  Agh, the nastier & smellier the spot they find, the better they like it!   :o  ::)  We have to watch them when they're on leash b/c they'll stroll along acting pyrfectly normal and then do the sideways dive into the stanky spot thingy.  It's a particular favorite if they've been recently bathed.   ::)  Yuck, it's just so nasty!  Silly pups....   ;)  :-\  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile