Author Topic: Our best friend went to Heaven today.  (Read 18163 times)

Offline phideaux2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Our best friend went to Heaven today.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 03:59:44 pm »
:'(After 7 long months of trying to beat this dreaded disease,Osteosarcoma, we sadly lost our Great Pyrenees of 10 years. I cannot feel my heart or any other part of my body. He died in my arms...he was my life. I will miss him forever. We love you Woof!

I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you. Phideaux2

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 11:19:46 pm »
My dear sweet friend, I have cried a thousand tears in the last 24 hours. I can not even begin to express the sadness I feel for you, Andy and the girls. Our polar bear boys are so precious and to lose them is just devastating. I know that Woof and the Tank are now hanging out at the bridge along with Quanah. You and your family has touched my heart in so many ways in the past 7 months that I can not imagine what I did before we became friends. Take comfort in knowing that the big guy is no longer in pain and that he is making Heaven a brighter place with his loving Pyrenees smile.
Paige

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 12:36:47 am »
I'm very new to BPO but I want you to know that reading the posts, I feel very sad for your pack but have a lump in my throat over the BIGGER PACK here to support you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers......:*(  A brighter bridge and new friend for those who have been waiting......n ikki
karma is kewl!

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 02:57:33 pm »
There aren't many things that can cause a total stranger to weep for you....but the loss of a beloved pet is one of them.  I have tears on my cheeks thinking about how you must feel without your sweet Woof. 

This poem is not specifically about animals, but I often think of it when someone loses a pet.  I think it perfectly expresses the way our furbabies would show their undying loyalty and unconditional love by continuing to be a part of every joy in our lives even after they are gone:

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awaken in morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there. I did not die.
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 04:44:44 pm »
First I must apologize for not posting sooner - I thought I did but sometimes when the posts are so sad I can't put two decent thoughts together.

I must tell you that Woof was such a beautiful boy (from your avatar) I'm sure from your posts that he was equally as beautful on the inside.

Loving a dog (or any other animal I guess) is such a gift but it hurts so badly when we lose them that sometimes I wonder if it is worth it...obviously it is - but sometimes I just look at Harley and want to cry because I know his time will come to quickly.

Again I am sooo sorry for your lose and my untimely response.

Randy & Harley

dohertyswissy

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 06:43:39 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 11:26:58 pm »
You have been in my thoughts off and all day. It hurts so much to your friend. My heart goes out to you.

This man too lost his Great Pyrenees to the same type of cancer. Maybe it will be a comfort to know that someone is fighting the dreadful thing.

http://www.2dogs2000miles.org/About.html

His blog.

http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/

I think Paige lives in Texas and you might too. So maybe you will see him as he takes his long walk for Malcom.

I am really sorry about Woof.

Skippy
Central New York

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:18 pm »
Skippy, I am in Texas and Dawn is in Maryland, I knew about this man and what I refer to as the cancer walk with the 2 Pyrenees. I did not know about his blog- thank you.
Dawn and her family, and Jane (marypyrs) are really truly incredible people and this one wonderful polar bear who has gone to the bridge has brought all us so close during his fight with cancer. I have cried on and off for the last 2 days because of the loss of the dear sweet Woof. I know that we cant keep them forever but to lose them over this is almost unbearable.

I a sure that everyones words have touched her heart. I just want everyone to know that Dawn is such a sweet person and a terrific loving mother and wife. Thank you for all of your kind words to her. My heart is just so breaking for her and the family.
Paige