Author Topic: Canidae Kibble Change?  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Canidae Kibble Change?
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:24:45 pm »
I bought new bag of Canidae All Life Stages several days ago. I found there are some darker colored kibble, and they are of different shape too. It seems to me not like overbaked, but rather more meat inside. Butter does not reject it like the overbaked kibble I noticed a while ago, and his poo is fine too... Has anyone notice this?

Modify to Add: the production date is Dec 10, 2007.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:36:08 pm by Edwpang »

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Canidae Kibble Change?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:32:12 pm »
I have not noticed this but I would write them and ask why.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:48 pm »
Thanks, that's a good idea.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
I feed Canadai All Stages as well, I'll take a look when I get home, but I haven't noticed that myself.  But again, I'm not usually paying that much attention to what the food looks like at 5:30 in the morning.  lol  ::) :D  And I'm at school when they get fed at 5 or 6.  Hm, now I wonder? 
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:35:42 pm »
We are just weaning Kana off of Canidae Life Stages and working in EVO (no grain) all protien.  It's not because he did not like/respond to Canidae, it's just a suggestion from a trainer to help with Kana's excitability during this adolescence.  I have never noticed the color difference in the kibble, but I will look when I feed him tonight.  He never had any problems on it, though.   ;)
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:44:10 pm »
We are just weaning Kana off of Canidae Life Stages and working in EVO (no grain) all protien.  It's not because he did not like/respond to Canidae, it's just a suggestion from a trainer to help with Kana's excitability during this adolescence.  I have never noticed the color difference in the kibble, but I will look when I feed him tonight.  He never had any problems on it, though.   ;)

I just noticed this in this new bag. I am not saying this is bad. Only curious why the difference: almost all the darker colored kibbles are rectangle shaped and lighter colors are round.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:44:56 pm by Edwpang »

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:02:05 am »
Ed-
Hope I didn't offend with my post, but when I got home today I checked...all the Candide in my bin were roundish and med brown.  I did not see much variety in my kibble.  Hope this helps...
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 01:19:47 am »
Ed-
Hope I didn't offend with my post, but when I got home today I checked...all the Candide in my bin were roundish and med brown.  I did not see much variety in my kibble.  Hope this helps...

No, not at all. When is the production date of your bag of Canidae?

Thanks for your reply.

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 09:48:10 am »
i feed canidae here in Ma and the kibble is all small and dark. there is no variety, but they are all small (like small breed puppy kibble) Jazmine is the only one who eats the kibble. Titan is allergic to dry food, so he is on the raw.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 11:19:39 am »
I bought my bag about a month ago, and all the kibble bits are the same.  I'll keep this post in mind though when I get a new bag and make sure to look.  :)  What flavour did you buy, maybe the different flavours now look different as well.  I feed the Lamb and Rice.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 11:21:49 am »
that is what jazmine is on....lamb and rice... actually we change often...but the chicken one is the same...we have to buy 120 pounds at a time...(the place we get it sells it for $20, and the store is 2 hours away that is why)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 11:41:36 am »
I bought my bag about a month ago, and all the kibble bits are the same.  I'll keep this post in mind though when I get a new bag and make sure to look.  :)  What flavour did you buy, maybe the different flavours now look different as well.  I feed the Lamb and Rice.  ;)

It's the All Life Stages. Actually I tasted some of the darker kibbles, it reminded of Orijen samples I tasted a while ago.  :) So it is not that bad after all, just seems strange with so many darker kibbles.
BTW, a reply from Canidae about it:
"it is normal for the product to vary in color since we do not add artificial colorings and color stabilizers. As for the shape it could be that the tin that we push the product in to make the shape was just changed or just about to be. Please keep in mind that the product is 100% guaranteed so you can return it to your place of purchase as long as you still have the UPC bar code for a return or exchange."

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 11:47:24 am »
Thank you for letting us know that theres not a problem with the food.