Author Topic: What is wrong humans!  (Read 3844 times)

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
What is wrong humans!
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:47:56 am »
I just read in the news that TWO furries were THROWN from a 30ft overpass in st. louis mo into a parkinglot.... .an akita/lab mix and a pitt.  What causes people to do these things?  Saddest part, the horses arse who does this will get a slap on the wrist......:*(
karma is kewl!

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong humans!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:45:25 am »
I honestly cannot comprehend humans. I gave up on them when I was very young. And for very good reasons. The docs say that because of what I went through as a kid is the cause of the "challenges" I have to deal with now. I am not very socially adept. That is the biggest reason I don't post any more than I do on the forum. Animals have always been my "safe haven". They are easy to love and much easier to trust.

I just don't get humans.
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:47:37 am »
ratdog, maybe that's why i'm not a social butterfly either-because of childhood pain plus my inability to connect w humans like 'most' I see.  Kind of like the other post yesterday re someone abandoning 2 yorkies....it made me sad to read and saddened by WHAT horrible conscious choice making monster would do that to 2 tiny helpless totally dependent animals BUT one of the posters found the positives in the situation citing the possibility that maybe they were stolen and dumped and they could be united w/ owners.  Maybe the lab mix (who ran from the lot) will be found, treated and adopted by a loving home. "when in doubt, do the kindest thing".
nikki 
karma is kewl!

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:48:50 pm »
Wow, can I relate to this. I am a very outgoing person...but I am also the only child of parents who had a VERY volatile relationship.  Through all the stress it was our Irish Setter, Ginger, who comforted me.  I can't count the number of times I hid in my room hugging her while my parents fought.  She was the only one I could count on.

Because of this, I have big trust issues with people....but none with animals.  They are so trusting themselves that it makes me feel safe trusting them.  I've never met a dog that was not completely honest and pure...even when they are getting ready to bite you, they always let you know where you stand, lol.  How a person can abuse a creature like that is beyond me.
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne