Author Topic: Is it National Poop Day or something?? LOL!  (Read 3118 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Is it National Poop Day or something?? LOL!
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:16:20 pm »
Well, here's some TMI for ya....it's only 10:30 in the morning, and I have already cleaned up about 10 piles of poo!  I am pet-sitting for one of my regular clients, and his little female Cairn (Gitchi) has the trots.  I arrived this morning to find disgusting little presents all over the house.  I spent  about 40 minutes cleaning them all up.  I was pretty sure that the diarrhea was stress induced because the carbon monoxide detector batteries started to die during the night and it was beeping and freaking her out....but because she is older and I didn't want to take any chances, I kept a stool sample and took it to the vet for testing.

When I got to the vet I asked them to run it immediately and sat down in the lobby to wait for the results.  A few minutes later a woman came in with a Boxer....and it too had the trots.  It pooped all over the lobby!  The office was very busy, and other dogs were freaking out and trying to get to the poo to smell it (dogs are so gross, lol)....and then only one person came out to clean it up.  It was too much poo for one person with all those dogs stomping around, so I figured I might as well continue the trend of the morning and helped them, lol.

When I left the vet I came home to take care of my own dogs....and discovered that Rio, our geriatric Black Lab/Beagle mix, had pooped in three places in our basement! 

By now I am imagining I smell dog poo everywhere, lol.  And though Gitchi's lab results were clear, I've seen so many pooping dogs today it makes me wonder if there is something contagious going around. 

This does NOT bode well for the weekend.  I have 5 client dogs this weekend.  That's 7 visits a day, in addition to taking care of my own 6 dogs.  And our high temp on Sunday is supposed to be only 7 degrees.  I'm going to be spending alot of time freezing my keester off walking little diarrhea dogs! LOL!!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Nicole

Re: Is it National Poop Day or something?? LOL!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:39:04 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAGH!

That sounds less than fun. I'm sorry! I hope Cabeza hasn't pooped when I get home!!!!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:22 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just reading the post i thought i could smell poo i make me want to barf sorry i know how it goes tell them to stop it !
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
Oh, soooo gross! I am not a coffee drinker (stay with me - it ties in...) but my hubby is. Whenever he makes coffee it smells like dog poo to me. When we had first taken in Tani, she liked to poop behind our couch, so when I woke up I had to check behind the couch right away because I never knew if it was or the coffee that I smelled!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:52 pm »
ack.....pooooo! 
karma is kewl!

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »
That is a smell that gets into your nose and doesn't come out, kind of like bathroom cleaners.  Good luck this weekend and look at it this way.  If it is that cold, let it sit for a minute and it will freeze and be easier to pick up.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats