Author Topic: Question about my Bordeaux  (Read 3601 times)

Offline HarleysMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Question about my Bordeaux
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:32:04 pm »
I'm not sure where to go on this, I'm new Big Paws.  We have a 1 yr old Bordeaux male named, Harley.  Harley is a great puppy.  He weighs in @ 107 lbs.  We've not had any major health concerns aside for puppy stuff.  Parents both have good elbows and hips. We've notice last night that he has unstable back ankles, only when he walks. One ankle is worse than the other. He doesn't appear to have ny pain or lameness. It's just terrible to watch when it "pops" out of place.  We took him to our local vet and he seems to thinks is all due to him still growing.  He sent us home with just the advice that if he shows any signs of pain or if he is still showing symptoms in a few months(when he's done growing) then bring him back.  And not to be surprised if we notice it more on both ankles.  Has anyone experienced this and do you think it is any cause for concern?  Like I said, he doesn't show any sign of pain or discomfort and he still runs and plays as if nothing is wrong!  If anyone has any experience with this please let me know!  Thanks!