Author Topic: English Mastiff Fawn age and weight  (Read 23449 times)

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
English Mastiff Fawn age and weight
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:48:04 am »
   Hello everyone.  I am a new parent to an Old English Mastiff Fawn male named Toledo.  I just took him to the vet
on Wednesday, January 23, 2007.  He had just turned 4 months old, and he was 48lbs.  Is that normal size for a Mastiff Male at his age?  My friend has a Great Dane, and he was 70lbs at 4-1/2 months.  I know that danes grow taller, but Mastiffs are suppose to be bigger.  Is this an abnormally small size for him?  I feed him twice a day.  He eats large breed adult, "Natural Choice brand dry dog food mixed with a can of wet dog food."  Please help. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 02:42:14 am by DesireU »

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: English Mastiff Fawn age and weight
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:22:11 am »
Hello, Titan is now 7 months and 150 pounds. At four months he weighed in at 60 pounds! At 12 weeks we was 47.3 pounds.  He was a little skinny boy though. 

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 02:44:49 am »
Hello. Thanx for answering.  I have updated my message.  Sorry for forgetting his age.  Please forgive.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 02:48:14 am »
is he a show puppy? or a pet puppy?

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 02:51:59 am »
Well, I guess he is a pet puppy, but as for his markings...he could be show to me.  Why should this make a differance though?

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 02:54:51 am »
whether the breeder gave you limited rights or not.  If you bought him from a store, i would highly not recommend showing him. It is not the markings that make him a show pup. It has to due with whether the dog matches the breed standard.  And considering how small he is, then i would say just do to his size pet.  Titan is large compared to most, but all the siblings were 26 inches tall at 4 months old at the withers...

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 02:56:18 am »
in the breed standard the ears must be as black as the mask, darker the better

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 03:00:34 am »
Then he is a pet.  His ears are dark, but not as dark as the mask.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 03:01:36 am »
they are the best.. the drool doesn't stop...always have a rag with you..what state do you live in?

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 03:02:06 am »
where did you get him from?

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 03:11:20 am »
I got him from Toledo, Ohio - thus the name Toledo.  You should be able to see three pictures of him above.  the first is around 6wks.  The other two were taken at around 15wks (just a couple of weeks ago.)  He is probably 50lbs - 52lbs now.  his birthdate is 9/21/07.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 03:15:48 am »
oh! that is my dad's birthday too! We got titan from a breeder in Indiana.  When i say large, his father was 300 pounds and his mom was 275

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 03:22:17 am »
OMG!  Thats a big boy coming from big parents.  I don't think I would want him to get that big.  I would be happy if he gets to a healthy 220 - 240lbs.  Heck, even that is twice my weight...lol.  Now, your dog is probably a bit above average.  Do you think that Toledo is Ok, or small for his age?  And, if he is small, is this a good indication that he may always be on the tiny side?

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 03:25:58 am »
there is really no telling right now. Titan gains about 2 pounds a day.  the growth is really fast during the 6-8 months old.  One thing he lost all of his baby teeth at once...which was gross because there was sooo much blood and bloody drool....GROSS .....did the breeder tell you that the CERF and OFA's were done? Smaller to an extent is better due to the less chances of all the diseases that can happen. Do you have aol? or instant messenger? i could taalk one on one if you do...

Offline DesireU

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 03:32:41 am »
No.  They did not tell me if the CERF, or OAf's were done.  And, I am somewhat computer illiterate.  I have not had AOL in 5 years, and not sure how to set up the Instant Messenger.  The vet says he is looking good. However, I don't doubt that.  I am just curious to hear from other Mastiff owners in comparison.