Author Topic: Pyr in FL needs a home again  (Read 1737 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Pyr in FL needs a home again
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:42:05 am »
I just got a call from the lady who adopted him.  Apparently, she and her children were watching TV last night, the new dog and hers were laying on the floor. Her female got up and walked over to one of her children, the new dog lunged for her dog and grabbed her by the neck and shook her.  Her dog cried and when he let go, she slunk off with her tail tucked.  The woman grabbed the rescue and held him, he licked her hand and calmed right down.  She said there was no blood and her dog wasn't hurt, but now her children are afraid of him and it sounds like she is, too.  He needs another home.  I don't think he was trying to hurt the other dog or he would have.  He never brought blood on any of my boys when he grabbed them.  I think it is just a dominance issue with him and not true vicious behaviour, but if they are afraid of him, it may get worse and not better.  Soo, I am going to be posting some ads for him and see how it goes.  It's been a week now, since he was neutered, so maybe once the hormones are cleared out of his system, he will calm down more.  However, Cody is neutered and he is still my dominant one.  Wish me luck.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr in FL needs a home again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »
Ohhhh, I'm so sorry.  I wonder if a new home without other dogs & children might be best?  It sounds like he needs someone that can/will spend time on behavioral training.  I'm sorry that this didn't work out, but I'm so glad that he has you to make sure that he ends up in a forever home.  Bless you for looking out for him!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees