Author Topic: GALAHAD WENT TO THE VET.....  (Read 3237 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
GALAHAD WENT TO THE VET.....
« on: July 29, 2005, 09:20:15 pm »
Well Galahad has been limping on and off, for a couple of days. It got better and no limping but today it was back, so I called the vet and we went for a checkup. It is in his little pawsy, his right front paw, he has an area where he is sensetive and the vet thinks that he might have a slight inflamation there. So he got anti inflamatory for 10 days and then back to check that it is okay. So at this point I am not real worried, he has to not jump or climb stairs or run like crazy until we have been back though, but in this weather well lol.... he doesnt do too much of that anyway.

They weighed him too, and he is now 23.5 weeks and is 96,6 lbs. He is getting to be such a big boy. Hopefully he will slow down a bit now though, he has been growing a bit too fast I think, even though we have downed the protein to 17%, but now when he is getting a bit older hopefully it slows down a bit.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Icerotti

Re: GALAHAD WENT TO THE VET.....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 07:17:09 am »
Poor boy, Galahad. I hope you get better fast.
Maybe he stepped on his tiera. :D
Speedy recovery dude....Puck

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 05:52:18 pm »
Poor baby Galahad! I hate it when they get infections...l uckily it was not serious though.  :) I can't believe how much he weighs!!! He is going to be so huge Marit!!!!!

And Ice, I love the idea of him stepping on the tiara. At sometime the King must lose his crown.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 08:38:57 pm »
hahaha that is too funny, I dont think Ill tell galahad that people on his favorit place on the net thinks he stepped on the tiara lol....... He might get a bit embarrased.

And hopefully everything will be fine, after the anti inflamatory meds. The vet who is a dane owner and has had them her whole life, said that it is not at all uncommon to see small inflamations in the giant breeds when they grow this fast. And yep..... my boy is going to be such a big boy. He is already makein Hera look kinda smallish lol..... He is longer and has a bigger head. Mind you she is very petit for a Bullmastiff girl.

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:35:50 pm »
Get well soon Galahad :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 03:57:41 pm »
Get well soon Galahad :)

Thanks Jaimie...... I think his foot is a bit better, he didnt have a bad limp to begin with, so it is a little hard to determin, but it looks like it may be a bit better. The hard part is to keep him from using it too hard when he is playing.

Marit